Temper. Anyone have trouble getting it to load.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Hi.I have put the Temper beta pnd in pandora menu but it does not appear in the emulator menu list. How do i get it to work anyone? also Is temper easy to set up? The docs are huge.

I think Temper is miscategorized, and thus shows up as "Other". You may wish to try downloading it again, just to be sure it's not a bad download.

I think Temper is miscategorized, and thus shows up as "Other". You may wish to try downloading it again, just to be sure it's not a bad download.
Ok. Found it in ,other, in the menu. Will try to get games working later.Will post if i have any trouble. Heading out for a bit now.

Categorized it as "games" IIRC, I don't think my Pandora even has an emulators list and it didn't grow one when I tried adding it as that..

The Category needs to be "Game" and the subcategory needs to be "Emulator".

Okay, I'll change it when I update it. However, I think that's really dumb because:

a) Emulators are not games

B) Not all people use emulators exclusively to play games

c) Emulators are probably more popular on Pandora than any other type single software

I thought that emulators wasn't a category because they didn't want to officially acknowledge them or something like that, but if it's a subcategory that's obviously not the case. It should really be a main category.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do i get temper up and running. The documentation is huge with it.Im sure its a sweet emulator though.

Okay, I'll change it when I update it. However, I think that's really dumb because:

a) Emulators are not games

B) Not all people use emulators exclusively to play games

c) Emulators are probably more popular on Pandora than any other type single software

I thought that emulators wasn't a category because they didn't want to officially acknowledge them or something like that, but if it's a subcategory that's obviously not the case. It should really be a main category.

the categories are based on the freedesktop standards thats all.

You are right Not all people use emulators exclusively to play games thats why there is also:

System -> Emulator

So it's two subcategories.. That's even worse! Even ignoring that it's the user that decides what to do with an emulator, not the author.

I don't know anything about the freedesktop standards but Pandora isn't a desktop, it's a gaming handheld. And not a Nintendo or Sony gaming handheld. I don't want to be so denigrating as to call it "emulator device" but there are at least shades of that.. so let's not categorize emulators into the niche they are on desktops and instead make them a first class classification.

Could someone pm me about how to get temper working please.The games have to be bin cue files right?where do i put the bios?

Any help is appreciated.

No one will want to help you just because you're too lazy to read the "huge" (416 lines!) readme.

I have read it. Its unnessecarily long.And im not great with computer stuff.Though im sure its a good emulator.i will read it again.

Do i have to download this oggenc program? How the heck do i transfer cd games into bin cue?Is there a program for this?

I'm having troubles booting PC Engine CD images with Temper ; when pressing the RUN button the emulator crash -.-

I've checked the log, and the problem seems to be this line :

ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured

Can someone please help me on this ?

I have checked many games, all gives this crash...

Thanks in advance :)

Oops, I was loading the syscard as a rom and didn't create the syscards folder at all -.- (I didn't have the readme.txt file so that was hard to guess :p )

Thanks a lot, its working perfectly now :)

Temper documentation is simply labeled as Readme, which is why you didnt find it. its there though

Back