Temper. Anyone have trouble getting it to load.

Temper documentation is simply labeled as Readme, which is why you didnt find it. its there though

Are you sure about that? This is the directory that got packaged:

exophase@Reprise:~/temper/src/pandora/pnd$ ls -l
total 512

-rw-r--r-- 1 exophase exophase 1942 2011-07-14 23:32 PXML.xml

-rw------- 1 exophase exophase 19604 2011-07-14 02:14 readme.txt

-rwxr-xr-x 1 exophase exophase 480188 2011-07-17 12:57 temper

-rw------- 1 exophase exophase 8929 2011-07-14 23:32 temper_icon.png

-rwxr-xr-x 1 exophase exophase 21 2011-07-14 02:37 temper.sh

Of course I don't know how people are actually getting to the readme. There's a PND readme viewer in minimenu that lets you see it directly.

unless you posted some update that i missed, my temper documentation is still simply labeled as "Readme" in the Documentation tab in menu

sorry for the silly question but, how do you display the readme of a pnd in the pandora ? I got the temper readme from a zip file for the gp2x on my pc ...

in xfce, hit Pandora button to open Menu, scroll up to the documentation tab, and select the desired documentation you would like to read. As said, for me, temper docu is labeled as README.txt instead of Temper.txt but ymmv

OK, thanks, by the way I too have the "readme" instead of temper.txt, the documentation says v0.80 "beta release for pandora"

HA! Told you! i just find it cu-cumbersome when im looking for a documentation file for some random pnd, but than have to always check through 6 different ones simply named "README" or "readme" only to check if theyre the ones im looking for

HA! Told you! i just find it cu-cumbersome when im looking for a documentation file for some random pnd, but than have to always check through 6 different ones simply named "README" or "readme" only to check if theyre the ones im looking for

You said it was named "Readme", I just pointed out that it's named "readme.txt" - I have no idea if something is chopping off the extension in displaying the name :p

I really have no idea what the documentation viewing system is like on Pandora. I thought you selected the PND and clicked somewhere to view the documentation. Are you saying there's an aggregate list of documents for your PNDs you're accessing somewhere?

No, there are menuitems in the category documentation in xfce menu.

As they are all in one category, a more descriptive name than Readme might make sense.

Maybe the menu should say what PND they're from too, though :/ Shouldn't have to rely on the name to be unique..

Maybe the menu should say what PND they're from too, though :/ Shouldn't have to rely on the name to be unique..
It wants 'name' attribute in pxml (you have it set to 'Readme'), like this:

Code:
<info name="very specific readme" type="text/plain" src="readme.txt"/>

I had that before too, it could really prepend the pndname if the name is too short (or check for "readme" and such), but there will be no one to implement this as usual.

Back