Temper Cps2 And Gngeo On The Dingoo

Scourge

Still Fresh
Can these emu's be ported to the Dingoo? These emu's are more complete and run well on the gp2x at 200+ mhz. :ph34r:

FBA320 seems to cover CPS2 and NG very well.

Hugo also seems good, not as good as Temper but for non-SGX it seems fine? I haven't played it much, so I could be wrong.

Temper runs at the level it does on GP2X because of all the ARM code in it. A Dingoo port would have to use the C cores and wouldn't be nearly as fast.

Exophase said:
Temper runs at the level it does on GP2X because of all the ARM code in it. A Dingoo port would have to use the C cores and wouldn't be nearly as fast.

Do you think that arm code could do the same for snes? I remember when pc emulators were just getting up and while most of them were very slow a few popped up with x86 assembly that ran full speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
Do you think that arm code could do the same for snes? I remember when pc emulators were just getting up and while most of them were very slow a few popped up with x86 assembly that ran full speed.

The SNES emulators already have ARM code for CPU and SPU emulation. The main performance draw is in the video emulation. To gain more speed some new techniques need to be tried, but moving a more optimized renderer to ARM ASM might not hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back