Tethering my Pandora to my school Mac?

Blue Protoman

I wanna be able to use the Wi-Fi that my school-given Mac uses on my Pandora. Problem? The Wi-Fi is hidden and password protected; only school laptops can see or use it. Is it possible to use Bluetooth to tether my Pandora to my Mac so I can use its Wi-Fi?

why not just grab the key from the mac? or even go so far even as to crack it, sure it's used more than enough to grab the required amount of packets

it is possible to share an internet connection over bluetooth, but my tests were far from good xD. using my phone to tether, it wasnt so bad, 20-30kb/sec (im on 3g and using wifi tether i get 700-800kb so its not the network itself), and it kept disconnecting.

sharing the connection from my pc resulted in even worse results, transfers of less than 5kb/sec, very frequent disconnections xD. but as was specified in my bluetooth driver, bluetooth isnt meant for that usage (and my bluetooth adapter was total crap).

Bluetooth might work but I haven't figured out how to set it up on my pandora.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

you need to connect to a pan network.

most bluetooth driver will support it, then you simply share the internet to that connection like you would on any other.

oh forgot to precise, if your on windows, the driver microsoft provide block the internet sharing to work with it, youll need a third party one .

Last edited by a moderator:
On the mac computer open the system preferences. Then go to bluetooth. Turn it on. Then go to advance and check "share my internet connection... blah blah"

Then check make discoverable (next to where you turned bluetooth on)

Now try to pair the pandora to the mac computer.

If PAN networking works you should be able to connect to the network by clicking the network icon in the panel on the pandora and selecting the proper network to join.

Not sure if that works or not...

Back