Texas?

kwh2010

Still Fresh
I've read in posts people referring to waiting for boards from Texas, sending boards back to Texas.

Do they mean Texas Instruments USA or Texas Instruments UK maybe the Northampton site or some other manufacturer based in Texas?

They mean a company that is entirely unrelated to Texas Instruments that is however located in Texas.
Texas Instruments supplies the OMAP processor. Another company (whose name I don't think we've been told) takes the blank boards (which are etched in China) and populates them with all the components, such as resistors, LEDs, and the OMAP processor from TI.
When it is said we're waiting on Texas, they're referring to this factory in Texas which populates and solders the boards.

WizardStan said:
They mean a company that is entirely unrelated to Texas Instruments that is however located in Texas.
Texas Instruments supplies the OMAP processor. Another company (whose name I don't think we've been told) takes the blank boards (which are etched in China) and populates them with all the components, such as resistors, LEDs, and the OMAP processor from TI.
When it is said we're waiting on Texas, they're referring to this factory in Texas which populates and solders the boards.

Oops, I guess enough other people said it was TI actually performing assembly that I assumed it was true.

Then I guess just go with "the Texas company." Although it isn't proven they aren't actually TI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
WizardStan said:

Oops, I guess enough other people said it was TI actually performing assembly that I assumed it was true.

Then I guess just go with "the Texas company." Although it isn't proven they aren't actually TI.

The board assemblers are called ciruitco or something like that

Pickle said:
Exophase said:
WizardStan said:

The board assemblers are called ciruitco or something like that

Circuitco, the same company that is producing the beagle board? nice..

Yep, where the BeagleBoard is built.
Let's hope they don't use too much time on the new Beagle right now and build our Pandas!

I find it nice though that it says "Woman owned" on the About us site :)

ste_167 said:
Definitely not Circuitco, Northampton then?

How definitely not?? I trust Pickle, and it definitely makes sense...

The thread title made my laugh. I think I've seen Full Metal Jacket one too many times.

Interesting. The Factory don't look that bad. :)
I would like to know how many beagle Boards they've already made and of course if they need as many time (per board) like they need for the Pandora Boards. :D

fusion_power said:
Interesting. The Factory don't look that bad. :)
I would like to know how many beagle Boards they've already made and of course if they need as many time (per board) like they need for the Pandora Boards. :D

Well - all BeagleBoards out in the world.. I just have no idea how many there are ;)

Last edited:
ste_167 said:
Definitely not Circuitco, Northampton then?

Incredible how grossly misunderstood that sentence was... ;)
No, not Northampton, Texas USA.

Back