Tg16 Godzilla - Hitting A Wall.

trilobite

Still Fresh
I'm hitting a wall with trying to get GODZILLA to work, on the Wiz or any other emulator for that matter. I pulled the data from the original CD and got these pieces-

Godzilla (U)-09.wav
Godzilla (U)-21.wav
Godzilla (U)-04.wav
Godzilla (U)-08.wav
Godzilla (U)-14.wav
Godzilla (U)-06.wav
Godzilla (U)-11.wav
Godzilla (U)-19.wav
Godzilla (U)-24.iso
Godzilla (U)-15.wav
Godzilla (U)-05.wav
Godzilla (U)-13.wav
Godzilla (U)-23.wav
Godzilla (U)-02.iso
Godzilla (U).cue
Godzilla (U)-07.wav
Godzilla (U)-22.wav
Godzilla (U).toc
Godzilla (U)-18.wav
Godzilla (U)-12.wav
Godzilla (U)-10.wav
Godzilla (U)-17.wav
Godzilla (U)-03.wav
Godzilla (U)-16.wav
Godzilla (U)-20.wav
Godzilla (U)-01.wav

I then converted the WAVs to OGGs. So, what what I can tell, I should have a working version of the game. However, it only works well enough for the game to display a message saying that the syscard file is not working properly... that I need system card version 3.00. I believe I'm using the right one- [CD] TurboGrafx CD Super System Card (U) (v3.0).pce... renamed to syscard3.pce.

It sees the game, it's using sprites and music from the game. So, what am I missing?

May as well just bump the topic you posted about this a year ago instead of making a new thread.

You didn't actually rename it syscard3.pce, did you? Because it's supposed to be syscard3.bin.

It would appear that the game is actually looking for a JAPANESE SysCard, not an American one, despite it being an American CD. Works like a dream now.

That's downright absurd ;p How in the world do you play it on an American PCE-CD? Or maybe the CD is mislabeled or something.

I guess it's mislabeled, from my experience with SegaCD there are lots of mislabeled sets on the net.

He said he ripped it from an actual CD, but maybe he was lying ;p (or maybe he didn't realize what region it is)

It's in English. I have it in my hand. Released by Hudsonsoft in 1993. "Made in USA" stamped right onto the CD itself. It is, in fact, the American version as the the American version did not a bonus "trivia round" that the Japanese version had. I also had been playing the very CD in an American TurboGrafx for many years. And all the data I was using was pulled from the same CD, not some download from the net.

I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference between a CD from the US and one from Japan.

So yeah, the whole thing is really weird. Maybe the syscard ROM you got just wasn't any good.

Exophase said:
So yeah, the whole thing is really weird. Maybe the syscard ROM you got just wasn't any good.

Or mislabeled. Really can't remember where I got it from. Either way, problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back