Tg16/pce Cd Emulation...or Updated Hugo?

rotation

Still Fresh
I love being able to play all the old HuCard games with HuGo but no ISO support is a real bummer. Even Dingux can handle that! Is this being worked on, or is there already an EMU or update? Thanks guys!!

I'm having trouble with the current emulator. The graphics on most games I've tried are totally jacked up, wasn't expecting that at all though because I had heard nothing but good reviews for the emulator. Not trying to be a whiner but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong I guess.

Which games in particular aren't working for you, I asked, because I only found a handful (P-47 for example).

i haven't spent/lost any time on the iso/cd support since temper (or a new emu from exophase ;) ) was supposed to be ported. Anyway the iso/cd support of the native Hu-go emulator is really bad (see my pandora version, you will see that the music doesn't stop for audio tacks etc ...).

I can add iso support, but music/audio track won't be played. If you're interested of such as version, and if exophase is not releasing a new nice PCE emu in a few days, then i will do it ...

I definitely won't be releasing it in a few days, sorry ;) You should do it.

Maybe I should just give you the source to the last version or something, as a stopgap.

A lot of games have problems. Street Fighter 2, Strip Fighter... quite a few others that I can't think of off of the top of my head. They aren't just a little messed up either, they are totally jacked up. No offense to whoever created the emulator, I am just trying to give a heads up. I am not sure if I can post a pic but if I can I will.

Exophase said:
I definitely won't be releasing it in a few days, sorry ;) You should do it.
Maybe I should just give you the source to the last version or something, as a stopgap.

You gave me a long time ago, the source code of temper. but since it's closed source i haven't ported it to caanoo (knowing that you were working on a new emu).
I will then release a new version of hu-go soon, with iso support :). (it won't be as good as temper, but may be good enough to let PCE fans wait a bit ... :D )

jlenoconel said:
A lot of games have problems. Street Fighter 2, Strip Fighter... quite a few others that I can't think of off of the top of my head. They aren't just a little messed up either, they are totally jacked up. No offense to whoever created the emulator, I am just trying to give a heads up. I am not sure if I can post a pic but if I can I will.

hu-go is well known to have many gfx issue. I've fixed several bugs, but it might be better to rewrite this part, or even to port a new emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have Hugo on the wii and the games run totally fine, no problem at all. I really don't know what the solution is but it would be a shame if we can't get the emulator to run properly on the Caanoo.

jlenoconel said:
Well I have Hugo on the wii and the games run totally fine, no problem at all. I really don't know what the solution is but it would be a shame if we can't get the emulator to run properly on the Caanoo.

Hugo on the Wii is far from perfect. Try Air Zonk for a great example of a game plagued with problems.

goldenegg said:
jlenoconel said:

Hugo on the Wii is far from perfect. Try Air Zonk for a great example of a game plagued with problems.

Yeah I just tried it and it has issues with sound and the screen flashes when you fire. I guess Hugo needs some work all round then. The wii port has been pretty solid for me though personally, and if the Caanoo version reaches that standard I will be more than happy.

jlenoconel said:
goldenegg said:
jlenoconel said:

Yeah I just tried it and it has issues with sound and the screen flashes when you fire. I guess Hugo needs some work all round then. The wii port has been pretty solid for me though personally, and if the Caanoo version reaches that standard I will be more than happy.
I would KILL for updated HUGO! i want to play Cds and SCD games SOOOOOOO bad. I'm willing to throw someone some money to get this up and running. That's the ONLY thing stopping me from having one emu handheld to rule them all lol

qbertaddict said:
I'd donate $50 for a port of temper :)

So do I. I tried to run Temper Wiz with Ginge but it's not perfect.

CKeichel said:
FreddyBoubil said:
So do I. I tried to run Temper Wiz with Ginge but it's not perfect.

What doesn't work?

Some games don't run at full speed but it's really strange. For example Final Match Tennis : not at full speed, I tried to change some parameters in Temper, nothing change (even the cpu at 800 MHz). I quit Temper, I run Temper again, sometimes it will work, sometimes not. Sometimes it will work if I lauch another game before. I have the same issues with Parodius and others. Some other games work perfectly, like Coryoon or Dragon's Curse.

qbertaddict said:
Its pretty close and it works with TVOUT!!!
Good news !

FreddyBoubil said:
Some games don't run at full speed but it's really strange. For example Final Match Tennis : not at full speed, I tried to change some parameters in Temper, nothing change (even the cpu at 800 MHz). I quit Temper, I run Temper again, sometimes it will work, sometimes not. Sometimes it will work if I lauch another game before. I have the same issues with Parodius and others. Some other games work perfectly, like Coryoon or Dragon's Curse.

I tried Final Match Tennis at 533 MHz and it ran fine, Parodius ran to slow at 533 MHz, it ran fine at 760 MHz. I also noticed, that sometimes it still started to slow, as if the 760 MHz weren't applied. I was able to get the game running at 60 FPS then, when I opened the menu once and went to options, after returning to the game, it was fullspeed.

Well I suppose I'm unlucky since I can't manage to have these games running perfectly every time. I ever tried some different roms.

Back