The 28 Hour Day...

pool34

Hello its me. I am looking into switching my sleep pattern to this, and I was wanting to share it with you all and ask if you know of any 28 hour clocks?

Maybe someone will associate this with a religion. Then you can just call you boss/teacher prejudice and sue them if they dont let you come to work/school four hours late.

"Sleeping late on the weekends doesn't cause you to miss daylight."

dbeat.com/28/serious.htm - "The requested URL /28/serious.htm was not found on this server."

Sounds great. :rolleyes:

- Alex

Alex. posted on Mar 5 2007 at 09:22 AM said:
"Sleeping late on the weekends doesn't cause you to miss daylight."

dbeat.com/28/serious.htm - "The requested URL /28/serious.htm was not found on this server."

Sounds great. :rolleyes:

- Alex
Haha, I noticed that. Way to back up your info, you supposed reputable site! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at other sites with people doing the 28 hour days. I have started it. So far so good. Tonight I will be going to bed at 4 am. I am not doing the "special" weekend sunlight thing, though I do have lots of day on the weekend.

I read a full article a while back (i just looked for it but couldn't find it) from a guy who tried the 28 hour day for three months.

His ultimate conclusion was that he did get a lot more work done but he rarely saw his wife and kids as they were always sleeping at different times. He was frustrated that if he wanted to do something during normal hours he would have to take a nap immediately before or after going out in the world.

He said that had he been totally alone it would have worked out great and he may have stuck with it. But it just wasn't practical to keep up with friends and family.

I'm not sure why you would want a 28 hour clock. You're still living in a 24 hour world keeping 24 hour time. i suppose if your alone for days at a time you may keep your own clock but i'm still not sure why you want to keep a time no one understands.

SeanLaF posted on Mar 5 2007 at 09:30 AM said:
I'm not sure why you would want a 28 hour clock. You're still living in a 24 hour world keeping 24 hour time. i suppose if your alone for days at a time you may keep your own clock but i'm still not sure why you want to keep a time no one understands.

Yea I guess your right. I would just like to have one though so I could keep track of my time better.

I suppose the simplest way would be to write a small script/program that takes the regular 24-hour time and the day of the week, and converts is to 28-hour time, then have that run on your computer or whatever.

Code:
// This can be put in any C-like language

int minutesDay24 = 24 * 60; // minutes in a 24-hour day
int minutesDay28 = 28 * 60; // minutes in a 28-hour day

int dayOfWeek = _; // ranges from 0 to 6, Monday to Sunday; needs some getDay() method
int hoursToday24 = _; // 13:01 means 13 hours; needs some getTime() method
int minutesToday24 = _; // 13:01 means 1 minute; needs some getTime() method

int totalMinutesThisWeek = minutesDay24 * dayOfWeek + hoursToday24 * 60 + minutesToday24;
int totalMinutesToday28 = totalMinutesThisWeek % minutesDay28;

int hoursToday28 = (int)(totalMinutesToday28 / 60);
int minutesToday28 = totalMinutesToday28 - hoursToday28 * 60;

// Print hoursToday28 : minutesToday28 for the clock;)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Mar 5 2007 at 02:17 PM said:
I suppose the simplest way would be to write a small script/program that takes the regular 24-hour time and the day of the week, and converts is to 28-hour time, then have that run on your computer or whatever.

- Alex

Yes, thank you.

Back