The Apple Ipad Had Landed

Nah, just kidding. I'll get an iPad when it has multi-tasking, a more responsive v-keyboard, more flash support, has a camera, and last but not least...when it doesn't have an iPhone OS 3.2.

I wonder what the "Apple A4" processor is.
Apparently manufacturing dates on some of these date September 2009.
Saw some mention that apple has a license with Imageon and that it likely has an sgx part.

Probably just a standard cortex A8 running at 1GHz?

The biggest thing we can hope for here is that pads with hardware like these become *plentiful* and *cheap*. The OS I can do without.

Nothing unexpected here, except maybe confirmation that Apple's purchase of PA semi wasn't a complete waste. I'd be interested to see some real specs on the chip. It's obviously AMR-based (A8? A9? ARM11?), but beyond that is anybody's guess.

Everything else is predictably apple, including the price. No doubt there are already diehard fanboys camping in front of the big glass cube waiting for one. I'm sure it will sell quite well until the Jobs-reality-distortion-field wears off and people realize they have no use for this thing.

Apple. Have gone. Insane. Retardfucks.

This is an iPhone streched out with a faster processor and no SMS app.
Also, no multitasking.

BTW, where is the 4.0 software I have been waiting for? :(

I'm sure it does everything that iPhone 3GS does and better, meaning it'd have to be at least a Cortex-A8 with an OpenGL ES 2 part that's at least as capable as an SGX. Probably a higher end SGX. We know it runs at 1GHz and we know Apple is an ImgTech licensee. Could be the beginning of the end of Apple's reliance on Samsung SoCs.

This is basically a big expensive iPhone, minus the phone part and the camera part. I bet playing accelerometer games on it is going to feel silly and uncomfortable.

A capacitive touchscreen which means no pressure sensitivity and can't use a pen on it, so useless for any art students, which would have been a good market for it.

The Asus Eee pad was confirmed today but with no details other than an ARM CPU and 3G. An actual OS, flash, and around the same price point, they better reveal it soon enough.

What a huge disappointment.

I don't care how great and intuitive Jobs says the Web browser is, this really is just a less functional, bigger iphone.

Ipod Touch LL, Iphone XL?

I'm sure this will fail. You have to expand features to actually use the larger formfactor. If you destroy mobility and don't fill up that gap with other features you make a big mistake. Maybe they'll release a new OS for the iPad, who knows.

Apple have deliberately put out this bs, so that they can announce it's successor in 10 months time.

You watch! Later on this year, Apple will be telling us that an iPad v.2.0 is to be released...only this time it has all the features, etc. that the iPad v1.0 was missing.

EDIT: It's standard 'genius' marketing for these mulit-trillion dollar companies.

SONY said:
EDIT: It's standard 'genius' marketing for these mulit-trillion dollar companies.

Actually, Apple is in a class of it's own with regard to marketing. But yeah, the distortion field probably had to be turned up to max on this one. I can't wait to see the 'shopped images of people using giant apple products.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like punching some of these wankers in the face!!! :angry:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Hz8dhQw8Q[/youtube]

500x_custom_1264622006303_ipad_01.jpg
500x_nfs2.jpg

500x_ipad_post.jpg

This Is Kotaku's First Post Written On An iPad

First! The virtual keyboard on the iPad probably won't work for liveblogging, but it's a helluva lot better than the iPhone. The games? Well, I'll write about that in a minute. For now, if you're considering an iPad purchase, a back up physical keyboard with a charging station isn't a bad idea.

Disclosure: This paragraph was typed on my laptop, from which I also uploaded the above image. Typing on the iPad wasn't quite the pleasure Steve Jobs had prepared me for, so we're hoping that Apple spends a bit more time with the software keyboard before, say, Sega signs on for a Typing of the Dead iPad app.

http://kotaku.com/5458388/this-is-kotakus-first-post-written-on-an-ipad

I'm a bit of an Apple hater to be honest (the cult moreso than the products), but I really thought they'd do something interesting with this. Turns out, no. What a silly, stunted device. No multitasking? Really? I feel sorry for all the poor saps who line up for this crap because they think it's a "game changer" :rolleyes:

pelrun said:
I can't wait to see the 'shopped images of people using giant apple products.
2mcdrg2.jpg

Gruso said:
I'm a bit of an Apple hater to be honest (the cult moreso than the products), but I really thought they'd do something interesting with this. Turns out, no. What a silly, stunted device. No multitasking? Really? I feel sorry for all the poor saps who line up for this crap because they think it's a "game changer" :rolleyes:

pelrun said:
I can't wait to see the 'shopped images of people using giant apple products.
2mcdrg2.jpg

(naw)mcx likes this.

The thing that sucks about these Apple gadgets is that they are all closed. You need their permission to put anything on them. If they don't support it then you lose. Can you even put PDFs on this? Also no memory card slot? That is idiotic. Of course they want you to spend $200.00 more just for an extra few gigs of storage, they don't want you buying your own INEXPENSIVE SD cards to expand it, no no no. Hustlers!

Back