The Apple Ipad Had Landed

Consequence9 said:
more like max-ipad. Oh wait, that would STILL be more useful than the ipad.

Meh, I'm not saying that the iPad woudn't be useful. It would probably be just fine as the only computing device for a lot of people. However, it isn't nearly as great as the hype preceding it made it out to be. I was expecting a phone, Pixel Qi screen (for ebook reading), and flash would've been nice (though I wasn't expecting it). The phone app and screen would have been killer features that would have made the iPad more that a bad pun for most of us.

Also this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone say ADAM?

bioshock_syringe.jpg

rsuryase said:
How about the Joojoo tablet? thejoojoo.com is it any good?
With a name like that, it's probably some cheap crap made in tablet-ville, China.
Actually, it's not even for sale yet. And it claims to have a "browser-based operating system" which is extremely vague.

It doesn't sound any good, but then again, none of these (iPad, JJ) exist yet.

rsuryase said:
How about the Joojoo tablet? thejoojoo.com is it any good?
See this thread.

Basically, just before the launch, the guy's Taiwanese business partner betrayed him, decided to steal all his ideas and significantly raise the price. Thus the JooJoo was born. The original creator filed a lawsuit. I think it would be immoral to buy a JooJoo now, because they are going to use the money from the preorders to pay their legal fees.

Im gonna get the 3G with the unlimited data plan. Yay! I can surf while in the gym now. Too bad no flash but at least youtube works.

Does 3G work well indoors? Im in San Francisco.

Esn said:
Basically, just before the launch, the guy's Taiwanese business partner betrayed him, decided to steal all his ideas and significantly raise the price. Thus the JooJoo was born. The original creator filed a lawsuit. I think it would be immoral to buy a JooJoo now, because they are going to use the money from the preorders to pay their legal fees.

That's Arrington's side of the story. Like most of his stories, it doesn't really have much to do with reality. Full explanation of the real situation in the original thread.

emil10001 said:
Meh, I'm not saying that the iPad woudn't be useful. It would probably be just fine as the only computing device for a lot of people. However, it isn't nearly as great as the hype preceding it made it out to be. I was expecting a phone, Pixel Qi screen (for ebook reading), and flash would've been nice (though I wasn't expecting it). The phone app and screen would have been killer features that would have made the iPad more that a bad pun for most of us.

That sketch was pretty silly until I saw it was done two years ago. Awesome.

Back