The Big Video Game Own Challenge Thread

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Hallölle;
As i plan for myself such a Challenge, i though its a good idea to have a Thread to insert our Ideas, progress, and explains what you have in mind for your challenge..

- Would be cool if whe use these things:
- Give your Challenge a Name,
- post a picture of the Games you want to play in this challenge, and the Devices you use
- explain your own rules, but keep these as far as possible (if you want to make it whitouth Savestates, but its ditnt work, you can change your rule)
- post some progress, (you dont need to play first all of the games, you can post if you are now on World 3 or something)..

- if you have beat one Game, you can post a picture of the Credits for proofing, but if its not possible, then its also not that wild..

Doppelpost should be allowed, as i dont know who will also make challenges..

I have four platinum trophies on my new PlayStation account so far. I guess I should make a goal of one hundred platinums or something. Not too unrealistic when you have a PlayStation Plus Premium subscription like I do, which gives you access to over one hundred games.

Challenge: JDTAY’s One Hundred Platinum Trophy Quest
Platforms: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4
Games so far: Astro’s Playroom, Sonic Origins, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure
Progress so far: Four percent. Track at the following URL: https://psnprofiles.com/decaffeinated87

I will post my entry tomorow to show what i had in mind whit this thread.., Throphys are maybe a bit too easy.. and its also meant to have some sort of a reason for you to took your Old Stuff back again in service..

I hope i can post insert the Picture later,
f9e79ef3703dd9fa7d01ce8027db7d0b.jpg

So this will be my Challenge:
Nintendo Handheld Mario Challenge,
The Timeframe will be as long as its takes, i dont know how long its takes, its starts when i got my Analogue Pocket
Its also good as its gives mee a reason to use the Switch and the 2DS XL again..

So the Titles are:

Analogue Pocket
GB GBC Core:
- Super Mario Land
- Super Mario Land 2, Six Golden Coins
- Super Mario Land 3, Wario Land
- Super Mario Bros Deluxe
GBA Core:
- Super Mario Advance, Mario Bros 2
- Super Mario Advance 2, Mario World
- Super Mario Advance 3, Yoshis Island
- Super Mario Advance 4, Mario Bros 3

New 2DS XL
- New Super Mario Bros 2
- Yoshis New Island

Switch OLED:
- Super Mario 3D Classics: Mario 64 , Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy
- New Super Mario Bros WIIU/Deluxe
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Mario Odysse

The Rules are as follow:
I try to beat the games, if its dosnt work, they will get listet as "Canceled because im a Noob" and i continue whit the next in the row
- The Savestate Funktion on the Pocket is allowed
- I only use Original Modules, no DX Patch or something, expect of Mario 3D World as i dont have it on Cardridge..
- I dont need 100 %, so i want gather all Stars, or Suns, or something.. , and its want be a Speedrun, so when i want to play a bit longer, its should be then..

I will try to post my Progress at least when i find the time...

Last edited:
Its not restrictet to OLD Games, its more a personal decision, so if you want to have your challenge on the new Pokemon, you can do it as you whish..

My plan was so because i ditnt played my Mario Games completly throught, expect of Super Mario Land 1 ..

Funfact: The Mario Land 1 Cardridge came from the Gameboy of my Sister, Mario Land 2 was from a Buy and Sell Shop Used (ditnt look that good but the last time i test the Savegame Funktion dit work well), Mario Land 3 was from a Retro Gaming Expo last year, Mario Bros Deluxe came from an Internet Shop, Used but in good Condition, and the GBA, 3DS, and Switch Games where bought New..

This is why the Conditions are Different..

I dont have Wario Land 2 and 3, but Wario Land 4, but then i also have to play Kirby, and Luigis Mansion, and should also look for the other Mario Games i could Emulate on Steamdeck but this would make the Chalenge much too big, so i stick whit the Titles whit Mario, (Wario Land is SML3, and Yoshis Island is Mario World 2)..

Yoshi's Island is not (nicht!) Mario World 2. Mario games are all about (a) gameplay and (b) clever levels. Yoshi has neither. It's not a Mario game (it's more of an Egg game..)

BUT: you need to get an e-reader to play the new "original" official SMB3 levels (from 2001) on GBA (which i discovered on my birthday - more than I could ever have wished for (had i been sober enough to wish)).

Its also insulting to think of warioland as a part of marioland.
The Wario land series is clearly superior.

I actually did wario land a few weeks ago and was shocked how easy it really is. I beat that in minutes...
Also did kirbys dreamland in even less time.
All shockingly easy which makes me wonder if i got better over the years or just sucked as a kid.
Wario land 4 is a blast btw, the opening scene alone is gold.

Well I think as my Pyra is always whit me and I have now the new Version of the Super Mario Land DX Hack I change the GBA Titles expect of Kirby to the SNES Allstars and SMW, and the GB Super Mario Land 1 and 2 to the DX Versions played on Pyra..

But this means I can start next week whit the Challenge ^^

Kirby games are supposed to be easy. The original Kirby game was meant as a game that everyone could play and the difficulty was adjusted so that children could finish it.

Even Though i will have the Challenge Cardridge Less on Pyra, they arend lost: When i get the Analogue Pocket, i will play mostly whit Cardridges and on the Kirby Cardridge there was allready a Savegame whit 100 %...
I also would have to use a Savegame Slot on the Cardridge, and i dont know how long the Batterie still last on the Gameboy Games.. , and it could be i would have to delete a Slot which is a big loss after 40 Years..
Hopefully the Newer Games got multiple Save Slots..

My Progress so far:
- I beat Super Mario Land 1 (DX 2,0) yesterday, worked quite well on Pyra, i think i needet 2 trys to beat Taranga, its nice whit the New DX Patch
I also startet whit Super Mario Land 2 (also DX, but the Older Version), and made the first Intro Level and a few Levels in the Tree Zone, i work whit Savestates even if its makes the Game too easy but i dont have the Time to sit Years on one Game alone..
Its cool to have a Button for Savestates on 4..

Back