The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right. My bad.

You know, my psych appointment was today, but then the sky fell. Guess I'll have to wait one or two more weeks.

He's in NC... we're currently dealing with #Snowpocolypse2018. The storm is moving across MUCH slower than originally anticipated causing double/triple the forecasted snowfall amounts... and being in the southern US... most don't know how to deal with it. :D
It's so bad even the ABC stores have closed! #MASSPANIC

nc_closed_snow.jpg

It's not really a big deal.. it'll be back over 60 F this weekend. That's the thing w/ NC weather.. if you don't like it.. wait a couple of days... it'll change seasons.
(except for the summer.. those are rough. 90+ degrees & 90% humidity.)

Hey guys, cool life tip: Some restaurants will temporarily overcharge your prepaid debit card by up to 20% of your order until they receive their payment, as a security measure.

I had to use my second customer service representative call of the month to find this out. I only get two free ones per month. Hopefully I saved you guys one though.

I don't know how common, or if it is still done, but some gas stations do something like this if you pay at the pump.

Guys, good and bad news.

Bad news: I somehow managed to get myself banned from a Rizon channel, #C++. Apparently a guy there named TRON isn't too fond of nonsense.
Good news: I accidentally rejoined the channel despite said ban and gave them a good laugh. Apparently I don't have something called a vhost? Anyway, I left again of my own will after they told me I had been banned while away and why. It's a good thing that they were pretty understanding; ban evasion could have got me kicked from all of Rizon, quite a feat for a network which boasts hosting 4chan's chats on its homepage.

Youre just not in enough channels, they cant ban you everywhere.
I am or was banned in about 20 channels so far. Mainly for calling OPs fucktards or making nazi jokes.

I am or was banned in about 20 channels so far. Mainly for calling OPs fucktards or making nazi jokes.

Speaking of that, do we have ED's confirmation that no Jews were harmed in the making of Pyra? You can't be too careful with German engineering. >_>
[doublepost=1516929508,1516926094][/doublepost]Actually, I just looked it up, and Mrozek is a Polish name.

Man, I'm starting to think maybe it would be best if I just didn't hang out on message boards or IRC.
Find the right channels on the right networks. A little random off topic is usually ok, but if you pile tons of it into a channel and aren't actually having conversations with others it isn't usually appreciated. Look at it from the perspective of others. People trying to catch up on what had been going on have to shovel through all that shit.

Have you considered 4chan?
i'd probably get more of my personal goals accomplished if i wasn't here as much...

but i'll never give up my armchair speculation on the next best SOCs, or keyboard layouts, etc.
i'd probably get more of my personal goals accomplished if i wasn't here as much...

but i'll never give up my armchair speculation on the next best SOCs, or keyboard layouts, etc.
Especially keyboards. For me this is an escape from the other stuff I am working on.

I almost never get banned...wtf! I must be doing something wrong. Really need a Pyra so I can always be on IRC.

Or you could make this a learning experience to grow as an individual and try to understand when nonsense is and is not appropriate, such that you don't alienate people that you are trying to interact with in the future.
It is always appropriate, you just need to disguise it so that others let it slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back