The Caring Corner :)

I stayed up until 11 pm watching the first NFL game of the season, and still woke up before 3:30. I guess I still have anxiety about the bump on my foot. It's not a melanoma, so I should be fine right? Even if it is dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, those only go metastatic 5% of the time. I don't know, I still feel like it's a red flag for some reason. Probably because cancer runs in my family, and I don't think my CHEK2 mutation is enough to explain why.

Another thing about it is that it affects less than 1 in 100,000 people per year, so I should probably be looking for another diagnosis. It’s just that it starts out as a pink bump like the one I have. Regular dermatofibromas are much more common and look the same though.

One other thing to note, there’s a type of melanoma that looks like dermatofibroma.
Pink melanoma. What kind of God would create such a thing?

Hey guys, if you’re masochistic enough to still read these, send me all your “it’s benign” energy. I mean, it probably is. Energy is still useful though. Only four more days until the appointment, then hopefully I won’t find anything else to worry about for a good while.

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Woooo, I just learned of a horrible possibility I didn’t even consider: internal cancer that metastasizes to the skin. Fortunately, it’s rare to discover metastatic cancer on the skin before discovering the primary cancer. It’s also rare for it to be on the foot. I was just searching more because it’s also rare for dermatofibromas to be on the foot, so I was looking for anything that might be like what I have, but on the foot.

Haglund’s deformity would fit if it were a bit larger, on the back of the heel instead of the side, and on both feet.

Meanwhile, I as a veteran don't have safe and secure transportation to appointments, so I have been years without an appointment...
Post automatically merged:

Good news, my Medicaid is fine. That Medicaid transportation service just needed to re-certify me. I now have a ride to my dermatologist appointment in six days.
That was in response to this

I’ve been up since just before midnight, and I wish I had something interesting to post, but I don’t. Tuesday should be mildly interesting though, since I can let you guys know whether they decided to biopsy the bump on my foot or not. I sure hope they do.

Guys, I think I’ve solved the mystery of the firm pink bump on my foot, but I’ll have to go to my dermatologist appointment to confirm. Cutaneous metastasis generally happens near the primary tumor site. The only picture I’ve seen of a cutaneous metastasis on the foot was one that came from a melanoma on the leg. Well, I checked my leg, and there’s this one mole that’s tiny, but very dark. It could be a melanoma candidate.

Melanoma that’s already started spreading has a poor prognosis, but if it’s just on my leg and foot, I may be able to be successfully treated.

I think I’ve solved the mystery of the firm pink bump on my foot

M3500039-Infant-with-six-toes-supernumary.jpg

Still two days and about five hours to go until my appointment. I haven’t been able to do much. All I can think about is my skin. At least this won’t last forever.

I’ve decided that if I have to suffer, you guys can suffer with me.

This is the mole on my leg I think could be the melanoma that spread cutaneous metastasis to my foot. It’s small, but two tones with irregular borders.
FD132E87-F056-4E0F-A4BF-F91C7CE8B609.jpeg

I’ve decided that if I have to suffer, you guys can suffer with me.

This is the mole on my leg I think could be the melanoma that spread cutaneous metastasis to my foot. It’s small, but two tones with irregular borders.
View attachment 38335

What does a malignant mole look like?​

The simplest way of identifying a malignant mole, or skin cancer, is the “ugly duckling rule”. If a mole looks different from all the other spots on the skin, it might not actually be a mole — it could in fact be a skin cancer.

Skin cancers can show up in multiple ways. They might have any of the following characteristics:
  • Asymmetrical shape or structure
  • Irregular or blurry border
  • Multiple colours
  • Larger size than other moles on the skin
  • A history of change: growing, becoming more raised, developing new colours or structures, changing shape
  • Bleeding, ulcerated or crusted for more than 3months without healing

See, that’s the thing, the border is blurry in that picture, which would be a sign of melanoma, but it could also be due to the camera being blurry. Of course, it’s hard for me to get my face close enough to it in real life to tell if it’s really blurry or not. I’ll just have to let the dermatologist look on Tuesday.

It’s about 31 hours until my appointment. I’m so sure something’s wrong this time, I’m already planning how to break the news to everybody. Of course, it’ll take at least a week after the appointment for any biopsy results to come back, so you guys will have to put up with me in panic mode for a while longer.

It’s about 31 hours until my appointment. I’m so sure something’s wrong this time, I’m already planning how to break the news to everybody. Of course, it’ll take at least a week after the appointment for any biopsy results to come back, so you guys will have to put up with me in panic mode for a while longer.
Informing others won’t change the current situation, but others can support you with it which can be very helpful. So I wouldn’t worry too much about it already.

I recently seen someone do this and he informed his friends first. I think because it’s harder to inform your spouse and family about these things. And it gives some feedback already on how to shape this news and get your feelings about it in place.

You’ve been discussing many things here already, and seen some false-alarms. So it’s good to be alert, but if this thing is nothing I would reflect on why you might be so hyper-alert.
We care about your well-being, especially yourself I assume, but too much stress doesn’t help with this goal.

Yes, I'm just a little unsure about what else it could be. It's unlikely to be an insect bite because we're normally wearing shoes when we go where the biting insects are, and the skin there is harder than they like especially round the heel. Other relatively benign explanation are fungal growths, or bacteria, but I don't know too much about those.

Yes, I'm just a little unsure about what else it could be. It's unlikely to be an insect bite because we're normally wearing shoes when we go where the biting insects are, and the skin there is harder than they like especially round the heel. Other relatively benign explanation are fungal growths, or bacteria, but I don't know too much about those.
Could still be the result of an insect bite. We'll know when JDTAY knows.

No we won't. :p
I didn't know we had that feature on the forum.

Back