The Caring Corner :)

Been sick tonight, but I think it’s just from eating too much. I hope so, anyway. Had my COVID shot and flu shot.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, I should also mention, instead of doing a biopsy, they say they’re going to remove my sister’s entire brain tumor. They say she’ll have to stay at home for over a month recovering.

I’ve noticed that when I’m anticipating something, I can’t concentrate on anything else. Currently, I’m waiting for the PlayStation fall sale that starts around noon, and it’s keeping me from playing any of the games I already have. I didn’t play a single game Thursday, though I did briefly boot up Victor Vran in order to complete a PlayStation Stars campaign. It’s not like I’m going to miss the sale, so why can’t I play games?

I think one of my medications may cause this behavior, but “anticipation screws up concentration” isn’t listed as a side effect of any medication ever that I’m aware of.

Good news, that sale actually started around fifteen minutes ago my time, because I guess it started at 12:05 AM Pacific time. Now I just have to decide what to buy, and hopefully I’ll be able to play games again.

Okay, so I still can’t really play games. I did get half an hour of Tales of Arise in, but that wasn’t even enough to see the first battle. I have a new theory though. I think I had too much coffee. I’m gonna quit drinking the stuff for now and see what effect that has.

Nine and a half hours later, I caved and had a cup of joe. I’m an addict. There’s no telling what the long term effects are. Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I could use one more.

Reactions: rSl
I just had a dream that someone was trying to break down the door to my apartment. It felt so real too. I’m honestly not sure it didn’t actually happen.

I was given my medication early today to take about an hour from now, because staff had to be somewhere else. I’m trying really hard not to take it early, but I think I probably will, because Klonopin is addictive. Benzos and caffeine, the healthiest lifestyle.

I’m having first world problems. I only have the heat in my apartment set to 66 degrees, yet my PS5 and TV running for an hour will warm the apartment up to 77 degrees. At that point, I open up a window to cool the place off. I can’t turn on the air, because I have the furnace for both my apartment and the one below it, meaning if I turn on the air, the guy below me gets no heat. Fortunately this is less of a problem during the night, which is when I do most of my gaming anyway.

I’m in the middle of a partial internet outage. I can load these forums, but I can’t really stream or game. No telling when they’ll fix it.

• Sad
I found a solution to my heat problem. My PS5 wasn’t providing most of the heat, it was the TV. I switched it from game mode to energy saving mode, and that really helped. The display is slightly less bright now though, but it’s a fair trade-off.

I found a solution to my heat problem. My PS5 wasn’t providing most of the heat, it was the TV. I switched it from game mode to energy saving mode, and that really helped. The display is slightly less bright now though, but it’s a fair trade-off.
Dunno what this has to do with the caring corner but okay.

• Sad

Seems almost as if Tanenbaum is proud of having been suckered by Intel. After Tanenbaum made the OS Intel used it in one of the few greatest attacks on computer freedom in the entire history of computers and Tanenbaum got nothing for it. And if Tanenbaum uses modern Intel CPUs, then his freedom has been compromised by his own OS. What a sucker, what a cucker. This has to be the biggest mistake this man made in his otherwise great career.

If only Tanenbaum had used the GPL then Minix would have kept her dignity. Minix has become a whore! She has fallen from grace, lost herself to the vileness of Intel! Once a hero of free software, now a villain for Intel! May the NSA have mercy on our source.

They recently hired more staff at my apartment building, and now they say they’re going to try giving me my nighttime medication after 7:30 PM instead of at 6 PM like they have been doing. They say it might help me sleep better. I think there could be a tiny adjustment period though where I suffer some late-day withdrawal symptoms.

I should mention, my twin sister has a date to remove her brain tumor now. It’s Thursday, December 8th. My older sister just bought her a new bed to help her with the month of resting at home.

Back