The Chat Thread Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as how the slipzone is now gone, vanished into whatever dark pit spawned it, i fear that i cannot link to the topic i am about to refer to.

About a month ago, or maybe more around 2-3 weeks ago, i made a thread in the slipzone titled "the final solution." The thread contained a post concerning how bad the slipzone was getting, and a link to a private forum i had set up on my own server. There was invitation to the mods or whathaveyou, that if the slipzone started to break its chains and promote hell elsewhere on the forums, they could just change the forum into a redirect link to the forums i had set up elsewhere. Once registered there, they would just click the link here, and the change would be barely noticable.

However, i got several posts merely containing the word "no" so i edited said thread to refer to nothing in particular. Now, my webhost (zeeblo.com) appears to have vanished off the face of the planet, taking my website and forums along with it. But as soon as i find another webhost, i would be quite willing to re-instate my offer, if the mods would be interested. It would serve the purpose of providing a place for members to get asshattery out of their system (within bounds this time, even i have limits) and could also provide for Rico's (brilliant) idea of a place to meet to match-up for games, discuss the weather, etc. Because it would be external, any bad asshattery would not reflect poorly upon the gp32x community.

Any thoughts on this idea?
Nova's already making one and hes making skins etc. No offense, but he's been here much longer than you and much better liked by most, so I assume that over you and him, they will pick his. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as how the slipzone is now gone, vanished into whatever dark pit spawned it, i fear that i cannot link to the topic i am about to refer to.

About a month ago, or maybe more around 2-3 weeks ago, i made a thread in the slipzone titled "the final solution." The thread contained a post concerning how bad the slipzone was getting, and a link to a private forum i had set up on my own server. There was invitation to the mods or whathaveyou, that if the slipzone started to break its chains and promote hell elsewhere on the forums, they could just change the forum into a redirect link to the forums i had set up elsewhere. Once registered there, they would just click the link here, and the change would be barely noticable.

However, i got several posts merely containing the word "no" so i edited said thread to refer to nothing in particular. Now, my webhost (zeeblo.com) appears to have vanished off the face of the planet, taking my website and forums along with it. But as soon as i find another webhost, i would be quite willing to re-instate my offer, if the mods would be interested. It would serve the purpose of providing a place for members to get asshattery out of their system (within bounds this time, even i have limits) and could also provide for Rico's (brilliant) idea of a place to meet to match-up for games, discuss the weather, etc. Because it would be external, any bad asshattery would not reflect poorly upon the gp32x community.

Any thoughts on this idea?
Nova's already making one and hes making skins etc. No offense, but he's been here much longer than you and much better liked by most, so I assume that over you and him, they will pick his. Sorry.
Yeah but if this happens I really want there to be a link from GP32X to this forum so that new members can join too... You know...

Why do we need a whole forum dedicated to sub off-topic stuff? I don't see that much of a point in the slipzone, sorry.

I do think the chatbox is better. The rules that were in place were more than sufficient, and it never really got out of hand.

Rico, since you DO seem to pull more weight than the other mods (seniority I suppose), can you talk to hando about the issue? I dont see why we cant have that one thread back.

Why do we need a whole forum dedicated to sub off-topic stuff? I don't see that much of a point in the slipzone, sorry.

I do think the chatbox is better. The rules that were in place were more than sufficient, and it never really got out of hand.

Rico, since you DO seem to pull more weight than the other mods (seniority I suppose), can you talk to hando about the issue? I dont see why we cant have that one thread back.
Yeah I sorta agree actually.

Honestly, all I did was call her immature and say she didn't understand the slipzone, and now I get the blame for her publicity stunt.

wow, reading this thread HURTS, never seen so much whining and bitching in one place.
Seriously, you should all calm down, its only a forum!

And creating multiple accounts to avoid bans really isn't a smart idea, in the end you will only get more punishment if someone notices.

And you really wonder that you get banned? try stopping the constant picking on other people, its really annoying, I'm sure that would help. That goes to both, dcgm and goity.

wow, reading this thread HURTS, never seen so much whining and bitching in one place.
Seriously, you should all calm down, its only a forum!

And creating multiple accounts to avoid bans really isn't a smart idea, in the end you will only get more punishment if someone notices.

And you really wonder that you get banned? try stopping the constant picking on other people, its really annoying, I'm sure that would help. That goes to both, dcgm and goity.
I'm not picking on anyone. In fact, I came to warmfluffy's defense when she was being stepped on by goity.

Honestly, all I did was call her immature and say she didn't understand the slipzone, and now I get the blame for her publicity stunt.
No you didn't, you openly hassled me and you sided with Klown on his stuff the forum campaign. I wouldn't mind if you boys had said sorry, but you just went on and on.

Okay maybe I get upset quicker and I am not full of aggression like the rest of the boys on the forum. But I reckon having a female mod is a good thing. Oh and don't think people are going to get away with idiocy from now on, I am a changed woman as far as modding is concerned. I am in two minds now to ban you right now. But as my own personal policy dictates, I give everyone a chance.

Drop the subject right now please, or a two day ban will happen.

P.S. End of topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back