The Chat Thread Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, to address your "points" in turn:

Rico bans daclassicgamingmaster for 10 DAYS for \\\\\\\"insulting a mod\\\\\\\". Please quote what you deem worthy of a 10 day ban. oh, that\\\\\\\'s right. NOTHING.
warnlogax1.png

I'm not the only person who banned you, in fact I'm not even the first. I moderate these forums pretty much as I did 3 years ago, with the sole exception that I banned you once for a legitimate reason, and you have been whining like a little bitch about it ever since.

Btw, you never said ONCE that it was a failed experiment. Now you\\\\\\\'re saying you did? Stop riding dick and pull your tongue out of hando\\\\\\\'s ass.
Oh, I did. You even posted a witty reply:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:I-2Dt...;client=firefox

The main issue I have with you is that you continually complain about me banning you, despite other mods doing it too; you complain about the Slipzone, yet still post there all the time; you whine about me "riding Hando's dick", yet you're the first to post "I said FROM THE BEGINNING that the slipzone was stupid and fucked up the image this board has!" as if you're trying to impress him; and you lament about the offensive nature of the Slipzone, that tarnishes the board so much, and yet you have "Two where the cocks cum, one where she talks from" in your signature, which can be seen across the entire forums.

I noticed in the "Special Mods For Slipzone" thread, in which you insulted other mods (such as vimacs and myself) and said stuff like "g/j hando" in an effort to get a mod position, that you said "I know if it were rico, you wouldnt be opening your goddamn ungrateful mouth. If I were in her position, I'd just ban you for months at a time until you learned to stop being an immature little twat."

Read that and work out why I banned you for ten days. Shouldn't take long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it was much more than that, there was way more going on and the slipzone was part of it. I remember the uproar when the slipzone started and how many people we're against it. We tried it and it didn't work. Isn't interesting how little there are in complaining it's gone, and most of them agree it was way out of control.
I initially thought, why the uproar. Once we got 'view new posts' fixed people could just act as if the forum never existed. The truth is I wanted it to be a fun forum where everyone could come over and hang out, and I was even thinking about setting up stuff like meetups, online games and such. It was basically going to be a larger version of the Chatbox, with relaxed rules.

Of course, with relaxed rules, people started bending them. And to be honest, I was having fun posting there, and figured that anyone not happy with the 'climate' of the Slipzone could simply not visit. Of course, I failed to realise the impact the Slipzone had on the rest of the forums, and the possible damage it was doing to gp32x's image. The truth is, if you look back at the cached version: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:Rm6hgBw...;client=firefox it doesn't look too bad. But there were a couple of misfits, and a couple of particularly bad threads, and of course even if people don't visit the Slipzone they might not be happy about that kind of stuff being there.

So I'd first like to formally apologise for my part in this whole debacle. I now think that if the Slipzone were to be viable again in its present form, it would have to be off-site, and completely separate from gp32x. Many of us had fun there - probably more than you realise - but there's too much potential drama in having it coexist with the rest of the gp32x forums. For now, I'll do my best to ensure that the Slipzone refugees don't mess up off-topic.

that was a bit harsh giving dcgm a warning for answering lol to a post kkcf

rico, is there no way of creating a new forum which would not be on the gp32x site, but lets say there was a link to go to that forum on this forum? and mayby give it one rule, such as being rude to other people and mods?
well, its just an idea. just having to conjoint forums.

Well, at least give me a chance to explain/defend myself before you ban this account. That's fair, isnt it?

In the 14 or so months that I've been on this board, I've been banned (I think) 4 times in total.

As you well know, the first time, I was banned for 5 days for saying lol in the chat thread. I made a stink because quite frankly, that was a complete joke. Even tom should admit that now.

The second time was a few months ago. telcolou banned me for arguing in gp2x general. I took the 3 day ban and didnt say a word, because I earned it.

The third time was a ban for me apologizing for irrational responses in a thread. you banned me anyway. You can say it was "making a point", but you know it wasn't right.

This is the fourth time. You banned me for saying that vimacs is mean to the newbs. HE IS! Do I need to find the thread where he was rather nasty to a new member? No one said anything because he's a mod, and also because he closed the thread. No one liked what he said, I'm not alone.

What did I say to you initially to deserve a 10 DAY ban? I recall saying "worse than rico could ever be". That's not an insult. In context, I'm saying you're strick. And even if I was saying you were corrupt, as Sam Fisher always says, a 10 day ban only reinforces that.

I have an aggressive personality, and I know sometimes I step out of line. But I havent exactly been treated fairly on these boards, and you know it.

In regards to my signature, you could have simply removed it. you dont seem to have any difficulties editing people's sigs. Remember loubear's? yeah, a mod should definitly act that way ;)

Look. I apologize for what was said. It's not my intention to cause havoc around here. I'm not klown (although i do miss his crazy antics). I was pretty pissed at this ban, which was why i said what i did.

however, I maintain that this is pretty unjustified. If you felt a need for a ban at all, if should have been like 1 day, not 10. I did nothing wrong, and you know it.

Also note that telcolou lowered my warn level. You have never lowered it, and never will, because you just have a problem with me.

As I said, I apologize for whatever you deemed "insulting" about my comment.

No, I havent been suspended for a "myriad" of reasons. I was suspended those 4 times, and each one was explained in it's entirity. I dont "constantly insult mods" at all. Look at my warn log, you seemed to have covered everything. Is that "constantly"? No.

I gave you the rant because im sick of being stepped all over. I haven't done that EVER in the past.

You havent treated me fairly. but youll never admit that.

The funny thing is, I didn't hold a particular grudge against you, DCGM. Here's the deal. I suspend people all the time. We get mod reports, you see. You were just 'one of the chatbox posters' to me, and I suspended you because you posted in a thread where I specifically told people not to post!

Suddenly I see you posting all over the place that I have this massive grudge against you. I remember someone insulting Anchorman and you said 'I was going to post that, but if I did, Rico would ban me and edit my post'. Basically, you took a run-of-the-mill ban way too personally. In truth, DCGM, I don't give two shits about you. I have absolutely no reason to pick on you whatsoever. The only reason I banned you (again) is because you insulted mods, and there isn't much room for doubt in that matter now you've told me to suck fat cocks :)

It's not like me apologizing again will change anything. I still think you have a grudge against me, no matter how you sugar coat the incident.

Yes, you told me not to post again if I have nothing to contribute to the discussion. I realized my mistake, and posted an apology. Do you have access to the thread? Please post what was stated.

My posting an apology for irrational comments wasnt worthy of a ban. you felt the need to suspend me, because you like having authority. You kinda remind me of cartman :lol:. Take that as an insult if you must.

Me telling you to suck a dick stemmed from me being pissed to begin with that I was being stepped on. You'll continue to use that as fuel for the ban, because you can never admit there was fault in your actions; and that's the main problem I have with you.

Other than that, I dont mind you. I said what I said because I was angry.

Another thing that's really griping me is the fact that goity is still here. What he said and did to warmfluffy was terribly nasty and obnoxious. Why is he not banned? This is my point. I still feel as though you have a grudge against me, and it seems like you arent doing anything to get me to change my mind.

If you consider me saying "worse than fucking rico could ever be" an insult, then it's sad. A 10 day ban is ridiculous, especially when goity had little or no time off. And yet he still wont stop.

Do you see my point?

edit: another thing. Every parachute account I have had has been banned. by you. there are plenty of people here who use parachute accounts to get around bans, and you dont do anything, dispite knowing. Even if I hadnt insulted you with the other account in this thread, you'd have banned it anyhow.

In response (although we should wind this up):

1. I do admit I'm wrong, see the apology I made earlier regarding the Slipzone in general. In this specific case I don't honestly think a 10 day ban is a big deal. I mean, it's only a forum, I'm not putting you into solitary or anything.

2. I have absolutely no knowledge of what Goity said; the slipzone was closed after I heard about it. Therefore I'm not really in a position to hand out punishment. That responsibility lies with WarmFluffy. However, I would support any action she might take against Goity, based on what I've heard second-hand.

3. The parachute account is not specific to you - I regularly ban them and have now begun to consider permanent IP bans for those who continue to re-register. Talking reasonably to me, while commendable, does not make you exempt from this.

In response (although we should wind this up):

1. I do admit I'm wrong, see the apology I made earlier regarding the Slipzone in general. In this specific case I don't honestly think a 10 day ban is a big deal. I mean, it's only a forum, I'm not putting you into solitary or anything.

2. I have absolutely no knowledge of what Goity said; the slipzone was closed after I heard about it. Therefore I'm not really in a position to hand out punishment. That responsibility lies with WarmFluffy. However, I would support any action she might take against Goity, based on what I've heard second-hand.

3. The parachute account is not specific to you - I regularly ban them and have now begun to consider permanent IP bans for those who continue to re-register. Talking reasonably to me, while commendable, does not make you exempt from this.
what goity said wasnt in the slipzone, it was in the "special slipzone mods" thread. Have a look.

For the record, it's no the 10 day ban that im pissed about, it's the principle of the matter. It's not justified.

And an apology for the slipzone isnt an apology to me. You havent said anything, you're using the universal apology as something directed to everyone. It's not. it would be like Bush apologizing for the war in Iraq, not directly to those who have lost children and family. :)

Well I've talked with Goity. He's pretty pissed with warmfluffy I don't know who to believe really.
But it's true she was a bit out of order when she insulted those in the slipzone to begin with, it's not as if she is the most mature person on the board.
But Goity is just spoiling for a fight. Oh dear.

I have like 4 accounts. Oh yes.
PERMA BANS. OHNO?!
I don't think those are ever that necessary as a ban itself is a slap on the wrist innit?
hah

Seeing as how the slipzone is now gone, vanished into whatever dark pit spawned it, i fear that i cannot link to the topic i am about to refer to.

About a month ago, or maybe more around 2-3 weeks ago, i made a thread in the slipzone titled "the final solution." The thread contained a post concerning how bad the slipzone was getting, and a link to a private forum i had set up on my own server. There was invitation to the mods or whathaveyou, that if the slipzone started to break its chains and promote hell elsewhere on the forums, they could just change the forum into a redirect link to the forums i had set up elsewhere. Once registered there, they would just click the link here, and the change would be barely noticable.

However, i got several posts merely containing the word "no" so i edited said thread to refer to nothing in particular. Now, my webhost (zeeblo.com) appears to have vanished off the face of the planet, taking my website and forums along with it. But as soon as i find another webhost, i would be quite willing to re-instate my offer, if the mods would be interested. It would serve the purpose of providing a place for members to get asshattery out of their system (within bounds this time, even i have limits) and could also provide for Rico's (brilliant) idea of a place to meet to match-up for games, discuss the weather, etc. Because it would be external, any bad asshattery would not reflect poorly upon the gp32x community.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back