The classic version of the Pandora LCD screen cable problem

The title of this thread is awesome.  It is so true, and works on many levels.

dimag0g, you suck. ;)

I put Pandora place for some time.

Boot or blue screen.

Estimated Pandora screen or cable failure.

I looked Quguan network. Found in version 1ghz of the price.

pyra next year can sale it?

I put Pandora place for some time.

Boot or blue screen.

Estimated Pandora screen or cable failure.

I looked Quguan network. Found in version 1ghz of the price.

pyra next year can sale it?
What major city is nearest you?

You may be surprised, but Pandora users are everywhere.

It may be possible that someone nearby has changed an LCD cable before and would be able to fix yours?

They can be a bit tricky to install.  ED makes it look easy - likely because he's done so many.  Controlling the cable through the double loop back through a slot and getting the curl right where you can't see it can be tricky.

They can be a bit tricky to install.  ED makes it look easy - likely because he's done so many.  Controlling the cable through the double loop back through a slot and getting the curl right where you can't see it can be tricky.
Agreed. I got pretty frustrated replacing my cable and was stressed out that it was hard to be sure it was in properly and would not break the first time I closed and opened the lid. I did manage, though, and it has been fine for a a few months. I was really close to packing it all up and sending it off, though. This has to be the hardest repair job I have done, even worse than the old iBooks and 2nd revision Intel iMacs.

I want to grab a couple but the websitle suddenly doesn't take paypal anymore?
ED reported this. Paypal fucked him up, they won't let him use them anymore unless he is okay with his article selection being censored by them.

Naah, PayPal works fine in the shop, was only disabled for a week back then and I got multiple PayPal orders during the weekend, so it should be fine.

@Shenmue: What was your issue with PayPal payment?

Naah, PayPal works fine in the shop, was only disabled for a week back then and I got multiple PayPal orders during the weekend, so it should be fine.
Damn.  I wish I had known that.  It would have saved me a lot of trouble to use PayPal when I ordered.

I used paypal both times i ordered(panda and cables separately) tho the image through the cables on a cheap 14 inch monitor is blurry and awful. Will have to investigate

I used paypal both times i ordered(panda and cables separately) tho the image through the cables on a cheap 14 inch monitor is blurry and awful. Will have to investigate
Many cheaper LCD monitors have awful composite input. using the S-Video cable can produce a slightly better image.. Also If your TV supports PAL you get a slightly higher resolution, but if you expect VGA quality output you should expect something slightly less impressive as it's analog output. 

Last edited by a moderator:

@Shenmue: What was your issue with PayPal payment?
I got the attached error when I completed  my transaction.   Paypal said the transaction was denied, but when I checked my order history on your DragonBox the order was there so not sure what happened.  Did you get the money from Paypal?  Dont ship it if you dont get paid from them. 

141110-080549.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops!  Just found out it was my wife who changed to a new card for me and canceled the old one :)   I'll update paypal and retry.  Sorry for the false alarm :D

Sometimes wife drives me nuts :D

Just found out it was my wife who changed to a new card for me and canceled the old one
The same kind of thing happened to me recently.  Be careful, you might find that she has drained your account of funds.  

Back