The Communication Cube

Be forewarned. On Discord, Wally mentioned that he was going to investigate this thread, the Absurdism Corner, and the COVID-19 thread again. He says he needs to clean up the community before all the actual open source enthusiasts return. No more bants for me and Null. :(

He did mention starting a new Caring Corner sometime in the new year, after all the sane people have moved back in.

• Angry
Reactions: rSl
So that's why suddenly many topics are closed. I guess that it makes sense. Some topics here are pretty weird or controversial. We're using this as if it's some forum of friends but it's actually the forum of a company that needs to maintain a good reputation.

So that's why suddenly many topics are closed. I guess that it makes sense. Some topics here are pretty weird or controversial. We're using this as if it's some forum of friends but it's actually the forum of a company that needs to maintain a good reputation.

Spot on, there's some questionable content out there and it's gone on long enough. Try to clean it up to make it nice for new people or people who have departed so we can focus on getting the Pyra as optimal as we can. Sharing the love and projects are more important <3than some stuff that goes on here.

before all the actual open source enthusiasts return.

Implying that the current active members somehow aren't. Also Free Software > Open Source.

No more bants for me and Null. :(

Delete the no and turn that frown upside down. :)

He did mention starting a new Caring Corner sometime in the new year, after all the sane people have moved back in.

What a way to start off a new era of caring. With Ableism.

• Wow
FiveThirtyEight created a new personality quiz that they say isn't junk science. And you know it isn't junk science, because it's slightly newer than all those junk science personality quizzes.

My results:
Openness to experience 38 out of 100
Agreeableness 46 out of 100
Conscientiousness 25 out of 100
Negative emotionality 71 out of 100
Extraversion 38 out of 100

I think overall that translates to "useless weirdo".
Post automatically merged:

The best part was when they said not to be worried about a high negative emotionality score, because a high extraversion score can make up for it.

Openness to experience 92 out of 100

Agreeableness 33 out of 100

Conscientiousness 33 out of 100

Negative emotionality 29 out of 100

Extraversion 42 out of 100

Low agreeableness: If life seems a little unfair, that’s because it sort of is. To you. Personally. As a kid, you were probably a little less naturally friendly and a little more prone to anger, cynicism and mistrust than your peers were. And those traits probably made you more likely to have negative interactions with those peers — which then may have made you even less agreeable.

MFer, it can't be my fault for interpreting this paragraph as cheeky and high-horsery.

Not sure what to be more jealous of, Null's above average conscientiousness score or ible's low negative emotionality score.

Also not sure how my openness to experience score is so low. I'm constantly trying new things... for about an hour... then shelving them.

• Haha
my wife is scoring above 50 for everything, but that's bad for negative emotions, so take that!

(also, @JDTAY life isn't a contest, so no need to feel down about your scores ;))

I was wondering why my Extraversion score was so low (no 4 wasn't a typo :p), then I remembered that I hate small talk and tend to avoid interacting with people IRL whenever possible. :)

From Robert's link:
Make sure that you are not tired, or unhappy, or depressed, or hungry, or likely to be disturbed while you answer the questions, and that you are giving yourself enough time to consider your answers carefully.

Meh, my previous negative emotionality score is telling me I'm bound to screw up this test.

You can basically throw out any results on the 538 big 5 test the way you would throw out any advice from a fortune teller. It's absolute garbage.

sounds like someone rates low on the agreeableness scale!!

(in reality, i tend to think this about any personality test. it's more astrology than science.)

it's more astrology than science.)

pokemon-cards-desktop.jpg

I decided to consult the cards on this important matter, and apparently you're a Zubat.

Back