The Communication Cube

For some reason I'm feeling good right now, like maybe I could make a game without being sabotaged. I think it's the soda I had today. After days of only decaf coffee, it was a nice pickup.

I'm still expecting a bunch of instant green tea mix from Amazon in the next few days, which has about 17 mg of caffeine per serving in it, according to the brand's site. That should be at least twice what's currently in my decaf. Much better tasting stuff too.

Terry Christmas. :)

Reactions: rSl
Oh man, the green tea mix I ordered from Amazon has been updated to say it's arriving tomorrow. I ordered it yesterday.

Two day turnaround on free shipping and I don't even have Prime? Sweet. Maybe it's because I live less than half an hour from a major city, or maybe it's that I live about half an hour from an Amazon shipping center.

Or maybe they just wanted it shipped before I realized that $28 worth of green tea mix is too much to buy at one time. I always feel an obligation to hit that free shipping mark though.

Been thinking about it more. It's 96 glasses, so at three glasses a day, this mix will likely only last me about a month, even at $28 worth.

A dollar a day seems fair for good drinks though. I know there are people who go out and get that $6 cup of coffee from Starbucks every morning. More power to 'em.

I must admit, I'm a little bemused by the whole concept of instant tea, even green tea. I mean how long does it take you to use a teabag?
To each one their tastes, but to me, taking a tea slowly is a big part of the appeal.
Do you remember the Little Prince by Saint Exupery: ?
“Good morning,” said the little prince.
“Good morning,” said the salesclerk. This was a salesclerk who sold pills invented to quench thirst. Swallow one a week and you no longer feel any need to drink.
“Why do you sell these pills?”
“They save so much time,” the salesclerk said. “Experts have calculated that you can save fifty-three minutes a week.”
“And what do you do with those fifty-three minutes?”
“Whatever you like.”
“If I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked,” the little prince said to himself, “I’d walk very slowly toward a water fountain….”

• Love
I like tea. I think that tea can be very healthy. Some teas seem to have powerful effects too. It seems that they can sometimes even cure chronic ailments in a few days. I've experienced some corrolations between teas and such and effects and I heard anecdotal evidence of other people about it. It makes me think that I've probably underestimated herbalism.

• Love
It can cure dehydration, although not as effectively as water that hasn't been heated and had tea leaves steeped in it. Anything more that that, you'll need to provide evidence before I believe you, I'm afraid.

Earlier this evening I had, for maybe the second time in my life, a state similar to what people describe before having out of body experiences. Didn't actually make it out, but it was exciting all the same.

I wasn't even trying for it or anything. Just laid in bed and felt it happen. Means my chances of reproducing it anytime soon are likely low. I guess I'm just not one of the lucky few meant for this stuff.

I mean, I know there are certain substances you can cheat your way there with, but those sometimes result in really bad experiences.

I wonder if that's related to the sense of falling that most of us feel prior to falling asleep, or in the early phase of sleep depending on how you define it. I've certainly heard of cases where that's so suprising to the experiencer that they wake themselves up.

:)
No, I mean it's as if your bed, bedroom, entire house, and the entire planet has suddently disappeared but left its mass behind, so that you're now accelerating towards what used to be the center of mass of the planet. But just for a moment and then you're back (and usually asleep).

• Love
I'm sad to see Centos go... https://www.certdepot.net/centos-is-dead/
We'll probably get Rocky Linux instead.

(Don't worry, Pyra is based on Debian)

otoh, maybe Disney will pay for Linux?

edit: another one: https://monkos.org/

What's wrong with Fedora? Fedora is a rolling release, always unstable (at least, for enterprises). RHEL is a stable release, you have older software that is supported for a time, while security patches ARE updated from Fedora.
So another entity is now being formed that takes the Fedora software, freezes it for a release, watches for security patches in Fedora and puts those in.

Fedora -> RedHatEnterpriseLinux -> Centos

Last edited:
I wonder if that's related to the sense of falling that most of us feel prior to falling asleep, or in the early phase of sleep depending on how you define it.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I occasionally get a feeling that I'm floating before I fall asleep. I wish it would happen more often because it's rather fun. :)

It can cure dehydration, although not as effectively as water that hasn't been heated and had tea leaves steeped in it. Anything more that that, you'll need to provide evidence before I believe you, I'm afraid.
Besides the fact that I'm just figuring it out myself, I would not take the time to prove anything to you anyway. I am not a huge fan of the "prove it to me while I sleep in my arm chair" mentality. At best I would provide you with enough information so that you can prove it to yourself.

Also, who proved to you that water cures dehydration better than tea does?

Also, who proved to you that water cures dehydration better than tea does?
ooh, good one. It's actually the premise for many sports drinks that are iso-tonic. You see, if you take unicellular beings (say, bacteria), and you put them in distilled water, these buggers shrinkle and shrivel (they lose water due to osmosis).
So sports drinks (besides the tons of sugar) add a bit of salt(s) just to balance out the osmotical? balance.

The second factor is temperature. Water is mostly cold, and tea is hot. (but let's stick to that first factor, isotonicity)

Back