The Communication Cube

I guess it depends where you live. Here, in nothern europe we very rarely get anything close to the theoretical solar output for any length of time. But I hear that in Australia it's pretty much there from morn to evening in the summer months, and I guess in the actual tropics it's be even more than that outside of the rainy season.

You're welcome to engineer in a capacitive dropper to provide 5V from the panels when it's available. But most USB power banks (which are also filled with valuable rare earth batteries FYI) take 2A at 5V which is 10W. That's not a lot, you'd be better of using second life electic car batteries and control boards which are designed to take 5 to ten times that.

You're welcome to engineer in a capacitive dropper to provide 5V from the panels when it's available. But most USB power banks (which are also filled with valuable rare earth batteries FYI) take 2A at 5V which is 10W. That's not a lot, you'd be better of using second life electic car batteries and control boards which are designed to take 5 to ten times that.
But I didn't mean to plug a power bank there to substitute a battery wall as energy storage. I just mean that the device you already have, for example the power bank that you may want to carry with you in case your music player, gps, mobile phone or whatever runs out of battery (or those other devices) might be connected to the inverter when at home to charge (instead of to a AC/DC transformer in an outlet). Not DIY battery, just an USB outlet that sometimes uses otherwise wasted electricity.

Today, I finally looked up what pog means. Actually turned out to be something positive.

This is the part where I complain that pogs are cardboard circles from the nineties with random characters and athletes printed on them. They're trying to take my childhood, darnit.

I've decided to take up Communism instead.
It's important knowledge to have. To know why it didn't work, and what the Great Reset+Build Back Better=New World Order movement is trying to accomplish in managing a regime change without the population revolt.
And be able to see the tell-tale signs of such an intervention (gulag, re-education, or worse). See the "You will own nothing and you'll be happy" slogan from the W.E.F.
Our future is in your hands, good luck!

Last edited:
Yes, but when that battery fills up, what does the inverter do with the extra power?
The same the normal inverters without USB outlets do, any excess electricity goes to waste.
It could even have a switch or something to decide wether it should charge USB devices only with excess peak power or always. But basically, it would be just like you can leave something plugged there and find it charged next day without much certainity, but with 0 cost.
Yeah, my idea is not terribly worth, but then it doesn't look to be so hard to do.
I don't know.

I've been thinking about using a Mastodon account as a frontend to my photos/website, where I can post progress reports and about the tools I use etc. Or alternatively I could simply add a link to my website to my Pixelfed bio.
So basically it's professionalism vs laziness. I wonder which one will win? ;)

Well i have to use the Car from my Dad, as my own FIAT Van got a Issue whit a part of the Suspension, im now in the position for a small fazit of German SUV Craft:
Allthough the Mercedes GLK is cool whit this Automatic Shift, Permant 4 Wheel Drive etc, its a quite unpractical Car for me:
Even if my Van is 79 hp less, and just front wheel drive, its got some cool features like the ability to change cloths in the storage part, bigger mirrors,
and as the GLK is some sort of a "Grandpa" Car, i cant put the back seats away as there is too much stuff there: Plush Bees, and pillows ^^

Also whit a FIAT, you dont have this image like whit an Mercedes..

I've tied up all the loose ends. I've started posting project updates via the forum's status update feature and links to my photos and previous games are available via the About page of my forum profile.

Reactions: rSl
I have my Fiat Doblo Van now in the Repair Shop, and got a FIAT 500 for the Time until i get it back:
Cool tiny car, but "tiny".., but at least more free space between my head and the Door Frame than on the Mercedes GLK from my dad ^^

Reactions: rSl
Ditnt looked that much, but i think not, but a big touchscreen in the middle..
My "Luxuary Feature" from my Doblo also ditnt work: When i push the Open Button on my Doblo Key, its Windows will open from outside,
but not on the 500..

I got the diagnostic from the Car Trader where i also have the service station, and it was a broken spring, .. its now ready to pick up, so i will take it tomorrow..

I've already started thinking about what I'm going to do after I complete my game currently in development.
  • A platform game using GDevelop. No programming required if you don't want to.
  • A game for a fantasy console. TIC-80 is my current preference.
  • A frontend for youtube-dl. This is the least likely to happen because I prefer making games to applications.

Back