The Communication Cube

Linux question. I'm running Void Linux and since some months ago the character spacing in terminal emulators was off, it was too wide. Since I rarely used a terminal during that time, I only noticed it when double-clicking a rar file in spacefm, which invoked a terminal to run unrar. Now I looked into it to find that in the affected terminal emulators the font was set to none and setting something sensible fixed it.
I'm not sure, if I set it to something else at some point, but originally I used a bitmap font, which I can't find anymore in the selection. Has support for bitmap fonts been removed from some library, that's used by lots of term emus? Like tilda, termit, xfce term ...
(Maybe just the font has left my system)

Because of the Pandemy, they now using more Shool Buses in my Hometown, one of them is quite Special as its an Yellow American Shool Bus from the 1990thes, its quite liked by the Kids so it have to make diverent Tours every Day because otherway its unfair for some kids that ditnt use this Tour (Line)
Well, some of our Streets are maybe a bit too small for this thing, but well, its still quite cool..
They wanted originally to sell the Bus, as the Bus Company is also a Shop for Used Buses, but now its used for this purpose ^^

Some Yeahrs ago i wanted to work in this company as Bus Driver, so maybe if this did work out, i would today drive this cool thing ^^

Today, I read a near death experience that was actually pretty straightforward about the meaning of life. Apparently, most worlds with life in the universe don't have suffering. Earth is one of the 'rare' ones that does. The suffering is actually necessary for the creation of life and all the non-suffering worlds though. It says the souls that come to places like Earth to suffer for the sake of creation are the most hardcore of souls, revered even by angels.

Here, have a link. Warning though, descriptions of abuse. https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1sandi_t_ndes.html

Well yes, shame and suffering are manifestations of the human condition as much as desire and love are. It's pretty clear that almost all mammals can also suffer if mistreated, unless you're one of those christian wonko's who believe that only humans have souls. Maybe birds too, but I've less experience of that, but I've barely mentioned half of the eucaryotes yet, and even those are a minority of all life on earth, so I can't believe that half of that can experience emotions like we do, and therefore suffer.

I like the part where it says God is unlimited, but has to limit himself to love and perfection, so he has us be imperfect on his behalf.

If that's the case, I've been pretty useful here on Earth. I've got this imperfection thing down pat.

Today, I read a near death experience that was actually pretty straightforward about the meaning of life. Apparently, most worlds with life in the universe don't have suffering. Earth is one of the 'rare' ones that does. The suffering is actually necessary for the creation of life and all the non-suffering worlds though. It says the souls that come to places like Earth to suffer for the sake of creation are the most hardcore of souls, revered even by angels.

Here, have a link. Warning though, descriptions of abuse. https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1sandi_t_ndes.html
You've just got a glimpse into their mind, probably are part, they themselfes don't see often.

Sometimes I worry I haven't suffered enough in life. Yeah, it's a strange thing to worry about.

Is it weird to be jealous of people who have come back from death? Not just the experience, but the fact that most of them seem so good at fulfilling their purpose in life.

Sometimes I worry I haven't suffered enough in life.
That doesn't seem healthy. Meet a psychologist. Or you've really been naughty and your conscience is functional.
most of them seem so good at fulfilling their purpose in life.
No such thing as a purpose in life. You may chose to give one to yourself or let others do it, but there's none given from the beyond. There's no the beyond - practically speaking. If there is or would be, it makes a shitty job at letting us know. And if it is and is unable to let us know in a useful way, it shall not expect us to believe and give us its trueths, when we arrive and of course not expect us to know any of that shit beforehand.

I have a psychiatrist. Haven't seen my actual therapist since the pandemic began, I think. I should try to hook something up.

Is it weird to be jealous of people who have come back from death? Not just the experience, but the fact that most of them seem so good at fulfilling their purpose in life.
Depends, because you can see it in two ways:
There is a difference in walking the path and knowing the path.
If you are walking the path, each next step seems uncertain, but once you make it, it's an inner-win.
If you know the path, then, although most people won't feel forced, all steps are pre-defined. This can give you either peace of mind, or anxiety of failure to keep the path, or rebellion because your decisions have been taken away.
You have more responsibility when knowing to "be all you can be". So don't be jealous for that.
Otoh, seeing He-who-is-that-he-is, is a big wow too.

index.jpg

• Love
Reactions: rSl
just chatting ... any news on the Pyra and the delivery times? Having prepaied and so ...

Reactions: rSl
It's not really a lesson on how to play games from Nintendo. It's more to do with how they thought you'd hold the controller. In reality you hold controller from the diagonal corner with your elbows out wide (often to your side) which brings your hands in on the diagonal. Nintendo back in the day considered that to be more like the across direction than the forwards/up direction. That's looked increasingly wrong as time goes on but it stuck back then, I guess. The SNES controller kind of enforced the look from the bottom sense with the placement of the shoulder buttons, but you could argue that given the length of your thumb, reaching for the right button is even easier than crunching for the bottom one. Sega didn't actually label the buttons in the Mark 3 controller shown in that video, but at least by the time the Master System came round in the Occident, they labelled them 1 and 2 if viewed from the bottom. That was reinforced by the Genesis/Mega Drive the controller of which actually had a kind of handle on it forcing it to be viewed from the bottom up to make the most sense.

I wonder if most Japanese have longer thumbs than us westerners, meaning we tend to go for the nearest bottom button, but they go for the slightly further away right button.

Back