Friend of ours has a purported allergy to iodine, which they say means they can't eat any shellfish. Apparently, they found about the allergy after a CT scan...Guys, I found out that I might have an oyster allergy. Had a few on Friday, and a rash appeared on my left arm soon after. It's a shame, because I've always prided myself on having no food allergies.
At least I can still down peanuts like a champ.
I'm not going to argue either case, other than state what they said to me. The allergy was originally "detected" when they had a really bad reaction following an iodine injection (may have happened twice), and they were advised to avoid shellfish. I'm no expert, so have no further comment.