The Communication Cube

84796715.jpg
I wasn't arguing I was agreeing.

But: if it weren't for meat eaters all those animals would never have been granted life. Just saying.

Hmmm, according to the media, he had finished a bout with COVID-19 about a month ago too. Said he didn’t know if it was Delta or Omicron.

They've confirmed that there will be a winter storm in my part of North Carolina starting tonight. Unfortunately, it seems there will be more ice than snow. Here's hoping my power doesn't go out.

I've been thinking recently the free software movement will end badly. potential vulnerabilities can lead to widespread abandonment. of course proprietary software is much less susceptible to potential vulnerabilities because you can't scrutinize it... you don't get any warnings, your just hacked. but the way this stupid planet is going it's not unforseeable that after a few more scares microsoft rebrand their same old shitware 'trusted', the world laps it up, we all go back to using software that even sucked in the 80s and the post-war digital boom is officially over.

If the digital boom is ever over, then that would give time to consolidate free software since it could gradually replace propietary software without the current race. But I think for the people to give up the digital boom the population should be more clever than it is. For me the danger for free software is more a philosophical threat. People is simple more egocentric each day. It's a cultural shift. I don't know. I guess anything can happen.

I've been thinking recently the free software movement will end badly. potential vulnerabilities can lead to widespread abandonment. of course proprietary software is much less susceptible to potential vulnerabilities because you can't scrutinize it... you don't get any warnings, your just hacked. but the way this stupid planet is going it's not unforseeable that after a few more scares microsoft rebrand their same old shitware 'trusted', the world laps it up, we all go back to using software that even sucked in the 80s and the post-war digital boom is officially over.
I read recently a report on the fuzzing of the kernel producing too many reports, so they're all being classified as low priority. That they're posting this means they're aware of the problem however, so it will get improved upon eventually.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Back