The Competition

It maybe competition for the DS & PSP, but not the GP2X.

This system is going to be mainly for commercial games, while the GP2X is more open source, allowing more emulation/homebrewed games.

It maybe competition for the DS & PSP, but not the GP2X.

This system is going to be mainly for commercial games, while the GP2X is more open source, allowing more emulation/homebrewed games.

the xgp looks kinda big an ugly IMHO.

if it wants to compete with the DS & PSP interms of commercial games then the XGP will get slaughtered.

if all I am interested in is commercial games and some mp3 and video why would I choose the XGP over a PSP or DS? the PSP/DS already have a large title list of games and some really good ones.

plus let say the xgp is good they don't seem to have as a good strong distrubution channel as the ds/psp. best case scenerio is the xgp will find a niche and gets forgotten like the Zodiac.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's more likely that Gamepark are talking about the XGP being a PSP killer *in South Korea*. That makes some sense, otherwise it's just nonsense.

The XGP will probaly be hacked just like the PSP. Just hoping the firmware updates wont stop it.

I actually like the design of the XGP though. The problems would be 1) The screen. It looks like you can easly brake it off. And 2) The material. It's the same as the PSP if I'm correct. And the PSP is definatly not made for people who get sweaty hands.

Ah well. Time will tell. I have to buy one anyway. It's my handheld instinct. :D

The XGP is currently being redesigned anyway, it may not look like the version we saw or even have the same hardware specs by the time we see new pics.

Back