The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A giant killed me in one hit and sent me spirraling like an arrow in the air for like 500 meters... and I kill dragons with ease..?

What the? I don't even?!

Talking about realism in a game with magic and dragons.. hmm ;)

A giant hits you, you go flying; so don't get hit. Maybe if a dragon hit you with a club you'd go flying too.. there is no logical fallacy here. Its mostly just fun ;)

It makes me giggle when a giant wollops my follower and you see them flying off into space, then a few minutes later come running back :)

jeff

I've be running a mage-archer-sneaker; destro + conjuration heavy, with arrows for silent kills, and a lot of sneak.

Magic seems to make a lot of noise, so for silent kills from a distance I use the bow; I have Sneak on almost always, but for general combat I open with a lightning rune (got one ready to go at all times, so just point and let go and poof, there it is!) and keep an ice atronartch up in enemy territory.. he's pretty badass (I'm level 20.) I nuke away with lightning bolts or firebolts/balls for general damage dealing. Follower -- Eradun was pretty good (a caster), but got himself killed by Knevel the Tongue (who is a _right_ bastard in Volunruut), so I've picked up Ormund or whatever from the College -- he likes heaby armor and destro, so is a good tank and damage dealer.

Conju is great; some bosses that others have to retry many times I find easy .. all indirect damage; let my summons tank and do damage while I safely hide around the corner, with a big rune in front as a landmine :) But bosses who get up in your face or sneak around for backstabs, those are tough..

.. I've done Mage and Dark Brotherhood questlines, not started main uyet, but I think I'll start that tonight.

Then make another char and do Thieves and Companions questline and adventure around 'for fun'; second char I'm figuring ot be a 1h/2h light armour sneak/pickpocket guy -- no magic, just sword and board and arrow and stealth.

Good times.. a stunning achievement of a game; gorgeous artwork, 150 dungeons each hand designed (?!), some pretty amazing questlines, and the codebase must be staggering. I'm thoroughly impressed. (And just in time to go replay Deus Ex : HR and Portal 2 .. such good times this year in gaming!)

jeff

I've be running a mage-archer-sneaker; destro + conjuration heavy, with arrows for silent kills, and a lot of sneak.

Magic seems to make a lot of noise, so for silent kills from a distance I use the bow; I have Sneak on almost always, but for general combat I open with a lightning rune (got one ready to go at all times, so just point and let go and poof, there it is!) and keep an ice atronartch up in enemy territory.. he's pretty badass (I'm level 20.) I nuke away with lightning bolts or firebolts/balls for general damage dealing. Follower -- Eradun was pretty good (a caster), but got himself killed by Knevel the Tongue (who is a _right_ bastard in Volunruut), so I've picked up Ormund or whatever from the College -- he likes heaby armor and destro, so is a good tank and damage dealer.

Conju is great; some bosses that others have to retry many times I find easy .. all indirect damage; let my summons tank and do damage while I safely hide around the corner, with a big rune in front as a landmine :) But bosses who get up in your face or sneak around for backstabs, those are tough..

.. I've done Mage and Dark Brotherhood questlines, not started main uyet, but I think I'll start that tonight.

Then make another char and do Thieves and Companions questline and adventure around 'for fun'; second char I'm figuring ot be a 1h/2h light armour sneak/pickpocket guy -- no magic, just sword and board and arrow and stealth.

Good times.. a stunning achievement of a game; gorgeous artwork, 150 dungeons each hand designed (?!), some pretty amazing questlines, and the codebase must be staggering. I'm thoroughly impressed. (And just in time to go replay Deus Ex : HR and Portal 2 .. such good times this year in gaming!)

jeff
I think ill have to buy skyrim and give it a shot. everyone seems to like it.

Not that I know anything about this game, but I just can't help transforming the name into "Smirky" in my head ...

Too much Skyrim!

It's infected my brain with its Skyrimness, and now I can do naught but plan my next move.

The "Shadow Warrior" perk is overpowered, too. Makes me regret going assassin. I am an unstoppable god of death... except where the awful "click-stick-to-crouch" controls thwart my attempts to get Shadow Warrior sneak attacks when I'm all up in an enemies face.

Typical scenario:

Bear: I'm a bear, RAWWRRRR

Me: *poof*

Bear: WTFOMGHAXXX!?

Me: Gentle prod with dagger

*** 30X Sneak Attack Bonus ***

Bear: *errrk* *thud*

Substitute bear with Snow Sabre, Dragon, Dragon Priest, or room full of bandits... it doesn't really make a difference. As long as I click that stick like I'm trying to wear it out and time my attacks precisely, I'm an unstoppable one-shot-a-thon.

The "Shadow Warrior" perk is overpowered, too. Makes me regret going assassin. I am an unstoppable god of death... except where the awful "click-stick-to-crouch" controls thwart my attempts to get Shadow Warrior sneak attacks when I'm all up in an enemies face.
Sneak attacks in general are overpowered, also when used with e.g. invisibility from the illusion school. The synergy between smithing, enchanting and alchemy is particularly ridiculous. Each elder scrolls game has had its game-breaking mechanics (e.g. Morrowinds 100% invisibility equipment), but these ones take very little effort.

I just started playin Skyrim on the xbox 360.It's a gorgeous game.This is clearly a lifesucker.I figure ill just play this game exclusively for a few months.The witcher 2 is out also and it looks ace and then there is risen 2 which is looking very good.The witcher 2 im gonna buy when it's cheaper in a few months.Skyrim will likely take an eternity to finish but it looks to be worth it.

either the ending the skyrim is very anti-climaxing, or i have missed some mission i was supposed to do...so now, other than the random doing missions for your wolf and murder buddies, the only things i have left are some missions in my questlog that i cant finish because of bugs i guess, and these are all misc quests. and ive yet to marry....

either the ending the skyrim is very anti-climaxing, or i have missed some mission i was supposed to do...so now, other than the random doing missions for your wolf and murder buddies, the only things i have left are some missions in my questlog that i cant finish because of bugs i guess, and these are all misc quests. and ive yet to marry....
Yeah it froze up on me after 2 hours from a bug.Luckily the game was saved.I hope I don't encounter any god damn game breaking bugs like those I endured in the first release of Fallout on the 360.Things like 3 hours of gameplay dissapearing from my hardrive and the game autosaving in the midst of a gamebreaking bug.GRRRRRRRR

either the ending the skyrim is very anti-climaxing, or i have missed some mission i was supposed to do...

The main quest is essentially the gaming equivalent of your having spent weeks designing and building an elaborate wanking machine involving ropes, pulleys, leather straps, pistons, and a goose feather, and after strapping yourself in for 60 hours, your mum walks into the room just as you enter the vinegar strokes and she stares deep into your eyes, obliterating all of your hopes and expectations and replacing them with crushing shame and self-hatred.

either the ending the skyrim is very anti-climaxing, or i have missed some mission i was supposed to do...

The main quest is essentially the gaming equivalent of your having spent weeks designing and building an elaborate wanking machine involving ropes, pulleys, leather straps, pistons, and a goose feather, and after strapping yourself in for 60 hours, your mum walks into the room just as you enter the vinegar strokes and she stares deep into your eyes, obliterating all of your hopes and expectations and replacing them with crushing shame and self-hatred.
Is this wanking machine eco friendly?What kind of carbon emissions can we expect.

anyone playing the new expansion to skyrim, dawnguard? (If you are not sure how to start it see here)

Its cool that you can be a vampire hunter or vampire lord

I am playing as vampire lord

it has new powers

also there is a new mount

my mount kept shagging off on me every time i dismounted leaving me to walk a mission on foot the pain it made me stop playing.Buggy bloody game so effin big.Im now trying thewitcher 2.

^^^^Im waiting for the fallout from fallout 4 due to all the bloody bugs it will no doubt have GRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :angry: :eek: :D

Back