The Entertainment Industry Is At It AGAIN...

Kumaki

I am posting this here, as I believe many here will have an interest in this. If this is inappropriate to post here, please delete it and accept my apology in advance...but I do believe this to be of concern and interest to everyone on this Board.

Following is a copy of the letter I sent to President Obama regarding this case, (Kirstaeng v. Wiley), soon to be heard by the Supreme Court. So far, Obama has indicated his support for the entertainment industry, against consumer rights, by filing a brief in this case. We are asking him to withdraw that brief...and his support for the entertainment industry, and instead champion consumer rights.

Go to
http://act.demandpro...bama/?source=fb

Please sign the petition to protect consumer rights!

Below is the letter I addressed to President Obama:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A ruling against consumers in this case would have far-reaching consequences to E-Bay, Craigslist, and even the good old-fashioned American garage sale!

The bottom line is this: We, as consumers, BOUGHT the items in question. This means we should have right to use and/or dispose of them as we see fit. We did not RENT these items.

The entertainment industry is trying to have it both ways...sell it...and still own it. I can only think of one other profession where an entrepreneur has something...sells it...and then still has it - and that is "the world's oldest profession" if you know what I mean. If you don't, let me be blunt - I am speaking about prostitutes!

Do not side with the prostitutes in the entertainment industry who want to control what we do with items we have legally bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should really post this in off-topic, not the Pandora's General area

...and its always illegal.

So are fire crackers , bombs , full auto machine guns and Roms of rare games you'll probably never get to play . Not that I'm condoning ileagil activies .

Back