The Fun Is Over For Xbox Live Owners....

Apparently, MS fucked up on this one... according to the reports I've found, some people with unmodified consoles have been banned as well.

sensible GP32 said:
maybe so, but it's also official major nelson has confirmed it on his blog
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting that MS implemented something to ban people who modified their consoles, I'm just saying they screwed up in doing so. Modifying your 360 is breaking the TOS, so complaints from people who've done it (and subsequently got banned) aren't justified IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat said:
:ph34r: I was just considering buying a 360, but since hearing this there is no fucking way! :mellow:
Why? Were you only planning on getting a 360 only if you could mod it?

Jackd said:
purple_goat said:
:ph34r: I was just considering buying a 360, but since hearing this there is no fucking way! :mellow:

Why not? The best reason to get the original XBox was its post-modding capabilities. I don't think the 360 mods open up the machine's capabilities quite as much, but still.

Ravnos said:
Jackd said:
purple_goat said:

Why not? The best reason to get the original XBox was its post-modding capabilities. I don't think the 360 mods open up the machine's capabilities quite as much, but still.

I only bought a (original) xbox about 6 months ago because of the modding capabilities :)

epitaph said:
Apparently, MS fucked up on this one... according to the reports I've found, some people with unmodified consoles have been banned as well.

I bet thats from people flashing their firmware back to the original one and then complaining to try and get put back on :p

Steve-O said:
I bet thats from people flashing their firmware back to the original one and then complaining to try and get put back on :p
Maybe, but do you really have enough confidence in Microsoft code to put money on it :)?

sand_man said:
Ravnos said:
Jackd said:
purple_goat said:

I only bought a (original) xbox about 6 months ago because of the modding capabilities :)

could you tell me more bout that?
(modding abilities)

epitaph said:
sensible GP32 said:
maybe so, but it's also official major nelson has confirmed it on his blog
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting that MS implemented something to ban people who modified their consoles, I'm just saying they screwed up in doing so.

This is a shocker? Remember what happened with Windows Genuine Advantage.

Back