The Gba Emulator

R.B

Just one question before I buy my Caanoo, does the GBA emulator work better on the Caanoo or Sony PSP

Don't know about PSP, but it runs at about full-speed for me except for Golden Sun (apparently games made by Camelot for the GBA are hard for the emulator). Megaman Battle Network (1 / 2) slows a bit, but that's only in the school scenes where there's a lot of sprites.

SolarLune said:
Don't know about PSP, but it runs at about full-speed for me except for Golden Sun (apparently games made by Camelot for the GBA are hard for the emulator). Megaman Battle Network (1 / 2) slows a bit, but that's only in the school scenes where there's a lot of sprites.

Does Earthworm Jim GBA work on the Caanoo

Last edited by a moderator:
R.B said:
SolarLune said:

I think you might be better off using the SNES version because it has better controls. Just my opinion, though. Sorry if I'm grave-digging a bit. Earthworm Jim shouldn't be too hard to emulate.

Com64 said:
R.B said:
SolarLune said:

I think you might be better off using the SNES version because it has better controls. Just my opinion, though. Sorry if I'm grave-digging a bit. Earthworm Jim shouldn't be too hard to emulate.

Also the GBA version of most of these games that are available on the snes will suffer in the sound department do to the GBA's limitations.
On top of this Earthworm Jim is a terrible port on the GBA. There is a youtube review somewheres, lots of slowdown on the actual GBA- emulated can be better than the real thing right?

I have found emulation great minus camelot games and the final fantasy remakes.

The major problem with SNES ports to the GBA is for me the reduced resolution of the games. On the SNES, they were designed for up to 320*200 pixel, the GBA has a much lower resolution, which means, most games have graphics, that were simply downsized, look at Donkey Kong Country to get an impression of that. Games that were designed for the GBA usually look much better than these ports.

Back