The Gigas Project Sign Ups

That would be cause you thought of the Idea. :lol:
I also like the rurouni kenshin one, but like you said not everyone knows about the greatest swordsman ever. :D :p :lol:
I was just wondering why pirotic named gigas what it is? :huh:

read through the tutprial and i think i could do the hotspot and dialogue stuff....and signs, too, as i described in the pokemon gp thread :)

Well, for the game I was working on I took other tilesets and used the stuff I liked off them , just like that one guy who was making a game and te screenies are on the gigas site
anyways, I would rather use or atleast base stuff off of premade sets, then later got and change things
Hack n Slash??
ok
sounds neat, and it was what I was going for ( hunts for my diablo level demo )

~Octavious

i can do some stuff, but i got exams soon so u gotta wait 2 weeks n 3 days.

Wow that's pretty good. didn't think it would get this far in the begining. but I guess we proved me wrong. hehe we should almost be ready to actualy start this thing soon. hope so. I can't figure out how to make tilesets. Let me see if it works this time... :blink: :lol:

i will help to!
so and here is a site where you can get many tiles and sprites but first we should have a basic game design and chose what kind of game it will be.
http://www.gamingw.net/resource/

@pirotec: will you also help me with my pokemon Game, that would be very nice :)

I think I might be able to help but I don't know what you need exactly.
I'll read your thread and and see what I can do. ;) B) :D

well, I would prefer a storyline or sumtin first
then build off that

anyways, bout art
Im more of a real artist, not a computer guy, but Ill see what I can make happen
when it comes to computers, I like to just change colors in premade charecters, maybe add a thing or take sumtin out, but origionality is kinda low
so, dont be mad If the tilesets I make have free sets in them , thats how I flow
plus its faster!
Thats how I got my Diablo demo done in a few days, wish I could find it
I got screenies on the net also.. somewhere

~Octavious

so far i think we've been heading towards the Hack n Slash game but obviously nothing official as of yet. the tiles are needed much. I have a to say that we should at least use some of th gigas tiles because they are already there for us.
characters and atk animations will only be decided when we figure out what the hell we are going to make and after that the adventure will begin. It is sooo close yet soo far away. hehe :D

i had an idea yesterday when i was in bed....
you could make items such as keys as a swich and trigger, so that you can open the door when you walked over the "key" tile... i'll try it as soon as i have enough space on my smc or i get a second :)

k guys, so were gonna do a hack and slash? thats cool
get me a little story and Ill start lookin for tiles/makin some if needed
also, I am going to do an easy side game for myself
I havnt used gigas since 6.6
I know everything about 6.6 , but I guess 7 is uber better
so...
Im gonna be makin a simple side game based off of my early GBA programmin' days
Pimp Quest!
Ill still help, just when Im not busy Ill be doin Pimp Quest

~Octavious

o ya, pirotic, could you please add chatboard support
It could come in handy for more than just dialog

I made a crappy grass tile that looks like the ground is growing green hair. but when put together it looks like thetall grass from pokemon(kind of) anyway, it is still possible that we are not doing a hack n slash game but most of us have been talking about it. :D

can be a mix of it... Rpg and hacknslash..
i would like that
hey looks like the tall grass.. show me ;)

sur just look at my avatar :) if you right clickit you can have it. it is a bunch of the tiles put together. like I said kind of like the tall grass. also remember I did this in windows paint. :p :D

nice... i'm making some progress, too... made my first "game"
you are link, chrono is standing there. if you talk to chrono, he says "can you get some flowers for me?" there is one flower tile. if you walk over it, the flowers disappear... from now on, chrono says "great!!"
used the demo tiles :)

those are really cool. I thought at first that I would have needed to make my own tiles for my first game that never got finished. I was lazy. :lol:

mhh, let's summarize the votes....
Hack 'n' slash: kuribOh, nilsiboy, octavious 3

mhhh, no other votes so far...
mechanori, what would you prefer?

Back