GP2X The Gp2x Bounty - Make Your Wishlist Here!

I know this isn't really the right place to put this, but I'll pay $30 for a *GP32* guitar tabulature player. Doesn't matter if it's Guitar Pro or PowerTab format. Oh well, worth the try...

I'd give $50 for a working Daggerfall on the GP2X, as soon as I get $50 to spare mind you...

Hmm i seriously thinking about makeing a checkers board game. I have no problems creating a player vs player version. But my main concern is the cpu players ai. I'm currently looking up how ai is dealt with (minmax / betaalpha trees) and i'm a bit overwhelmed but i understand it more or less, will have to try things out. Also even if i manage to create a cpu player i have no clue how performant it would actually be on the gp2x. i guess it would be ok if i didn't let it search to deep inside the tree. But in general the higher u stay in the top branches of the tree, the stupidier the cpu player becomes since he hasn't got al information.

Also i'll be needing some kind of list to do this, so i'll need to look this up how it's done in c++. if i can't get my head around it. I might start doing one for windows first and see how that go's before i attempt to create one on the gp2x

So i don't know if i can pull it off. but i'll look into it. I'm not going to port an existing one want to do my own version since i know nothing about porting at all well never actually tried. And no promises either since i'm walking a new path (ai) here :)

All my love and respect (and some donation, of course) for an advanced Amstrad Cpc emulator (nice menus with options, great sound emulation...)
CapriceGP2x is nice but still in an early development. I saw somewhere in this forum someone talking about Arnold being the best Linux Cpc Emu around.

hope :rolleyes:

KOF 91, a mugen-like game for the 2x would be neat, agree? :p

Azalin posted on Oct 10 2006 at 08:42 PM said:
I'd say fallout, but no source so no go :(

there was some sort of fallout engine remake being made, dont remember the name of it though....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the guy who ported the one to gp32 said to me in an email that when he owns an 2x he will port it.

I would go for:

1) A Cave Story port (I've already posted a topic on this)

2) I think and RPGMaker interpreter would be awesome; imagine all the games....

Ok, clearly the list needs an update, so I'm creating an updated version of the old one. If you want to add something to a description, tell me with the number of the project. Comments if projects are at all possible would be appreciated, too. I'll add all suggested projects to this list and try to keep it up to date. Tell me if I leave something out.

1. Flash player. Should play a significant part of music videos and movies at full speed, feature fully remappable buttons and mouse emulation.
2. Great movie player. Should play iPod videos (h.264 encoded), PSP videos, most digital camera videos and most of the most common codecs and containers at full speed. Should have great controlls and options. Has to be open source. Should also support music files and have music player functionality such as switching off the screen.
3. PDF Viewer. Should support most pdfs, support color and have reasonably fast scrolling and zooming as well as awesome controls.
4. Stunts clone. A 3D racing game with the same functionality as the PC classic Stunts with improved graphics, handling and enhanced modability such as making your own cars and track pices. Special rules for this one: The game can be sold for a price of up to 20$ (up to 30$ for an SD card version). However, everyone who donated 15$ or more will get a free copy. (They will, of course, not get the amount they donated more back.)
5. Board game compilation. (Checkers, chess, etc)
6. Fullspeed SNES emulator. Should run 90% of major games at full speed with sound.
7. RPG Maker Interpreter. Should run games made with the RPG Maker software on the GP2X. I've got no idea if this is even possible.
8. Pure Data - real-time graphical programming environment for audio, video, and graphical processing. See Official Site.
9. CPS2 - Should run smoothly
10. Stratagus port. Creative control solution to replace the mouse is required.
11. A realtime Worms-like game.
12. A 3D library for Python.
13. A CPC464 emulator.
14. Full speed Neo Geo emulator. With full audio at something under 233mhz.
15. Fullspeed 2D PSX w/ Sound & Save
16. GBA emulator. Should reach playable speed (about 30 FPS average) on less demanding games. Note: The deadline on this project will at least be a year!
17. Amstrad CPC Emulator. Needs to be fast, have nice menus with options, and great sound emulation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List of who is willing to donate how much for what. Please tell me if any info is wrong. Feel free to post how much you are willing to donate and for what. If the project is already in the list, it would be nice if you could post it's number. If there is a "(?)" behind your amounts, please confirm them in this thread!

If you post a #-#$ as your donation, the smaller amount will be listed.

Syntax:
Projectnumber. Complete amount so far; donator1: amount, donator2: amount, donator3: amount

1. 10$; OrR: 10$
2. 135$; Spam: 20$, Dzz: 50$, gnyffel 20$, reallynotnick: 10$, OrR: 20$, iignotus: 10$, Godmil: 5$
3. 25$; OrR: 10$, Paulo Becker 15$
4. 65$; OrR: 40$, Paulo Becker 25$
6. 45$; Godmil: 20$, Spam: 20$, reallynotnick: 5$
8. £10; Mr_Munk £10
9. 10$; Yono 10$
12. 5$; dodgyville: 5$
13. 40$; Godmil: 40$
14. 10$; reallynotnick: 10$
16. 105$; iignotus: 30$, Paradox: 30$, Godmil: 10$, Paulo Becker 25$, NaCCuRiT 10$

Last edited by a moderator:
This was an interesting thread. But what I think we need is a page which lists the current bounties (Called open bounties) and where people can assign themselves to take on a bounty, which will then be listed under "assigned bounties". There could also be a "completed bounties" so you can see what has been accomplished in the past. Someone before mentioned the problem with many developers taking on the same project and this could prevent that from happening. (If many developers want to take on the same project, perhaps they could form a team instead). One developer or team at the time can apply for each bounty, simply enough. Sort of how Team Aros works : http://www.teamaros.org/

Back