GP2X The Gp2x Bounty - Make Your Wishlist Here!

If it's just a wish, I would suggest adding a new topic in Cool Ideas and other wishes.

If it's possible and you want to put a bounty on it, it can go in the Wiki (although there's nothing to stop you registering and editing the Wiki yourself - but anyone else can remove it).

You weren't going to pledge $10 for a full speed N64 emulator were you? :)

Bounty Post:

Placing a $40 bounty on #15. "Fullspeed 2D PSX w/ Sound & Save"

Don't care about FF 7. At all. I'd just rather see it playable (RPG cutscenes are painful if it's too slow) for the "off-brand" non Square-RPGs (Dragon Warrior 7, Saiyuki, Vandal Hearts, etc...).

An extra $20 if it can also play SOTN smoothly with sound.

6. SNES Emu - WTD $50
16. GBA Emu - WTD $50

Hopefully that motivates someone a little bit... it's getting there. :)

Cool idea; Oblivion* for Gp2x... Am I serious - deadly - how...

My idea** it this simply, over a network connection (usb is a little stupid, wifi would make sense...) either...

1. Screen capture and convert to mpeg4 video real time to be scaled down/ zoomed in as preferred to Gp2x res and streamed over a wireless connection, a client deals with input, ie stick = virtual mouse sent over wifi/usb networking.

Problems; Mpeg4 real time encoding, no wifi, potential syncing problems.

OR 2.
Using a terminal/virtual PC client thing. I was testing windows terminal services the other day, using my 450mhz laptop to wire into my PC. I was able to play scummVM on my Desktop full speed from my laptop (I know pointless). I was also able to browse the internet, and watch full motion video - all without sound though, over a 54mbps wifi connection.. There are a number of these virtual service PC things available for linux and Windows, - linux, I believe some of them are open source.

Problems; Again, pointless without Wifi, couldn't use most Graphics card stuff, no 3d acc using windows terminal services, potential synching problems.

Peak speed I saw was about 8mbits. Sound can also be compressed real time...

I'm not really interested in playing Oblivion on my GP2x over usb, nor over wifi - I'm actually thinking something much more grand... If this concept can be proved to work on a Gp2x, even just for internet browsing... I'm thinking a 'GP3x' with 4G wireless internet (broadband quality), may come into being.

Basically there was a reason I was testing this, and some people are looking for a suitable system to run it on... Currently in favour is a geode (x86 platform, for easy porting of drivers for wireless modem)....(Which looking at my laptop, you can see that is no problem.) But the Geode has poor media support - Gp2x is pretty good on that, it already has an Os , and brilliant HW media player, and on an Li-ion pack, it should in theory live longer than a geode.... especially with a 4" 640x480 oled display. MMsp2+ anyone?

The people in question are most interested in running whatever instant messaging service they like and not in porting millions of programs... Which is also why they want it highly documented and totally open source (except modem and drivers of course :) )..

So my wish is two apps/drivers; Terminal for windows/linux and wifi/4G wireless(later) - just need a proof of concept.. a good one, bearing in mind we can have Xp running on a geode in less than an hour... To begin with the terminal only has to do web browsing, email and (using usb keyboard) instant messaging. I can't promise anything of course, but it would be a cool app for the GP2x even if we don't get a "GP3X" out of it...

I should post this separately, and in that Gp2x revision topic. Anyway, I hope someone is as inspired as me. And Yes this is practical, and its going to happen - the question is, on what platform - SOC Linux style, or x86 windows style? I don't know if the Gp2x has to oomph but terminal for windows is supposed to be able to run on a 286... Hope you guys are as inspired as I am by this...

I'm not official, just close to R and D head.

Edit; forgot the bounty - potentially 'Gp3x' (It'll be called something else)

*Or any other Pc based application.

**Actually, its not mine..

I would like to make a bounty for 15 dollars for a sega system 18 emulator wich atleast could play moonwalker at a playable speed. thankyou:)

Cool idea; Oblivion* for Gp2x... Am I serious - deadly - how...

My idea** it this simply, over a network connection (usb is a little stupid, wifi would make sense...) either...

:rolleyes: Just pledge an amount of money towards an idea on the list, ok?

Edit: Added it DTH. I also think it's a pretty good idea, if it's possible it would be really cool to see System 16/18 emulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yono said:
Just pledge an amount of money towards an idea on the list, ok?
Vynx said:
Here's the idea; List some programs, applications, or games that you would like ported/made for the GP2X. If one particular program gets enough support, then i'll go about trying to set up a bounty for it - a fund which members of the GP2X community can donate into to give a GP2X developer the incentive to create it.
Just an idea... or a wish...

I can see that a fantasy Gp3x wouldn't be very attractive. I'll have a chat about a bounty, I don't have my own credit card. As a college student, I don't need another method to get myself into debt -

If there's something absurd about the concept, please do explain... Just today I successfully played on a PSone emu over the windows terminal, and bearing in mind, that one doesn't even need Full motion video for text, web, and so many other apps. I fail to see the problem with getting something like it running on the Gp2x, obviously Oblivion is currently a bit beyond the scope of it...

Edit; It's all grand, this already exists. And despite being VNC and slow it was still impressive enough.

I'd like to pledge $40 towards the SAM Coupe emulator being able to run fullspeed no frameskip at 200 MHz,
with Mode 3 fixed/displayable and touchscreen being used for a substitute of SAMs Mouse.

If C64 and Spectrum can do fullspeed no frameskip at 200 Mhz then SAM Coupe should be within reach :)

Thanks.

Cal...

taco1bell said:
i would like to see a n64 emu that can play all or one of the following at more than 8 fps
1 starfox
2 zelda OoT
3 zelda Mm
4 mario 64
wtp $35

i would also to see a halo clone that is almost exactly like halo 1(has to look , feel, and play like halo. think like the halo ds vid, a good hack of golden eye!http://media.ds.ign.com/media/874/874110/vid_2147255.html ) mabey a hack psx game(if thats possible)ok im crazy, just gimme a realistic and faithful halo clone wtp $30.(if online play and multiplayer support wtp extra $15) :gp2x

wtp $10 for a port/clone of smash32
i have paypal! :gp2x :wacko:
I WILL PLEGE $1 FOR A XCBOX 360 EMULAOR THAT COMS WITH FEE HALO 4

I pledge $50 for a cps3 emulator. I know there are like 3 games but Jojo Bizarre adventure and street fighter 3 were some of my favorite games.

taco1bell said:
i would like to see a n64 emu that can play all or one of the following at more than 8 fps
1 starfox
2 zelda OoT
3 zelda Mm
4 mario 64
wtp $35

i would also to see a halo clone that is almost exactly like halo 1(has to look , feel, and play like halo. think like the halo ds vid, a good hack of golden eye!http://media.ds.ign.com/media/874/874110/vid_2147255.html ) mabey a hack psx game(if thats possible)ok im crazy, just gimme a realistic and faithful halo clone wtp $30.(if online play and multiplayer support wtp extra $15) :gp2x

wtp $10 for a port/clone of smash32
i have paypal! :gp2x :wacko:
lol dewd id help u wit mony but mom says i hav 2 lern 2 sav my mony or shes not bying me a tikle meh elmoo

taco1bell said:
i would like to see a snes that can play starfox at 30 fps. $15$,,lol jk, i dont even have a gp2x, ive got a psp, thet plays sf 1 fullspeed, and sf64 70% speed gp2x is a slow as hell peace of shitbag!
1. I thought that N64 emulation on the PSP was about 1 frame per second, not 70% speed.

2. You're the "peace of shitbag" here, moron.

atomicthumbs said:
taco1bell said:
i would like to see a snes that can play starfox at 30 fps. $15$,,lol jk, i dont even have a gp2x, ive got a psp, thet plays sf 1 fullspeed, and sf64 70% speed gp2x is a slow as hell peace of shitbag!
1. I thought that N64 emulation on the PSP was about 1 frame per second, not 70% speed.

2. You're the "peace of shitbag" here, moron.

though he is just being an asshole psp plays n64 quite well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxqKmkIVXWk

Back