The Hunt For The Ultimate Sd Price

borgqueenx said:
From a-data brand on ebay.
Do not buy on eBay. It is simply not safe to purchase flash media there - you will get an expensive fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found several 32GB SDHC Class 6 cards for decent prices here:

A-Data, free standard shiping to continental US. $69.99, Super Media Store.

A-Data, free shipping to continental US. $72.99, Newegg.

Top Ram, $79.65, shipped. Includes SDHC card reader. Buy.com.

SanDisk Ultra II, $97.48, shipped. Buy.com.

Kingston, $43.99, free shipping, eBid.com. Might want to email the seller first, card is advertised as Class 6, but looks like Class 4 logo on image.

I know that SanDisk one is kinda pricey, but for official stuff, I guess it's worth the extra dough. That was the cheapest I could find it for. As for myself, I think I'll wait till Pandora's shipped before I shop for a deal. A lot of price dropping can happen in 2 months! :D

wow anyone seen this? class 10 :eek:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Panasonic/Panasonic-32GB-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10
pricey but i guess your paying for the speed aswell as storage.

glad there has been a delay on the pandora because the 32gb cards were still in their infancy so hopefully now they will start dropping in price.

Trevsweb said:
wow anyone seen this? class 10 :eek:
**link**
pricey but i guess your paying for the speed aswell as storage.

Good God, man! That's about as much as I paid for Pandora! :lol:

speed is important, though its pretty suspicious that it would jump from class 6 to 10 and there are no actual transfer rates to back it up. Has me wondering though, what is the fastest, biggest sd card out there? That's the one we should be looking for the lowest price on. Maybe we could get a group discount?

I know there was that tom's hardware article about speedy sd cards posted awhile back but surly that is outdated by now?

-Tj- said:
I found several 32GB SDHC Class 6 cards for decent prices here:

A-Data, free standard shiping to continental US. $69.99, Super Media Store.

A-Data, free shipping to continental US. $72.99, Newegg.

Top Ram, $79.65, shipped. Includes SDHC card reader. Buy.com.

SanDisk Ultra II, $97.48, shipped. Buy.com.

Kingston, $43.99, free shipping, eBid.com. Might want to email the seller first, card is advertised as Class 6, but looks like Class 4 logo on image.

I know that SanDisk one is kinda pricey, but for official stuff, I guess it's worth the extra dough. That was the cheapest I could find it for. As for myself, I think I'll wait till Pandora's shipped before I shop for a deal. A lot of price dropping can happen in 2 months! :D
i need cheap deals for dutch guys like me :D

Just picked up a couple of SDHC cards from amazon UK

Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card @ £21.48 Sold by: Tradeport UK
Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card @ £10.78 Sold by: Maxmemory

Both prices included delivery

Both items arrived within a couple of days of ordering and have been tested, the capacities are genuine, both cards write at approx 9MB per sec and read at approx 20MB per sec.

My plan is to buy a 32GB card when they are available for £25 or less

The best price I could find for the fastest 32gb card that I know of is:
Sandisk 32gb extreme
30MB/s read/write speed
class 10
$223.56

http://www.alwayslowest.com/AL/index.cfm?fuseaction=shop.dspSpecs&part=3358654

It will be a happy day when that baby drops below a hundred bucks.

I got a couple class 6 16Gb cards for 23 euro each

(dutch)

http://www.redcoon.nl/index.php/cmd/shop/a/ProductDetail/pid/B187235/cid/37001/A_Data_SDHC_Turbo_Serie_16GB_(class6)/

Here are the order details.
---------------------------------------------------
Date: September 29, 2009

Amazon Order #: 026-#######-4950701

2 of Transcend 8Gb SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card, @ £8.79

Shipping & Handling: £3.98

Tax:
Total: £21.56

Amazon.co.uk ships almost anywhere in europe and has a nice Transcend 16GB SD class 6 for £23.19

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-16GB-SDHC-Class-Memory/dp/B0015AOK1O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255559113&sr=1-2

It's worth noting that the card at that price is not being sold by Amazon, but by a third-party. Whilst some such sellers do sell genuine goods, sellers of fakes have turned up on Amazon in recent months too. <Insert usual "Be careful" here. :p>

Back