The Hunted Chronicle 2 on Pyra?

gbudny

Hi

In 2009, I played The Hunted Chronicle 2, which was one of the most amazing games for Linux. I was able to run it on Ubuntu 20.4 using i386 libraries, which isn't a prefect solution, but I could play through the whole game.

The Hunted is a single-player fps game based off of the Darkplaces engine' It is completely standalone meaning you do not need any prior files to run it and it comes in a series called "Chronicles"' These "Chronicles" are used to having a continually flowing story and a difference from weaponry and other things found in-game' Each "Chronicle" tells the story of a lone survivor escaping the city that has been overcome by the infected' The infecteds' symptoms at the time of the survivor's adventure are not clear but as the chronicles are released the story unfolds to make it quite clear as to why, where, when, and how this survivor came to be in a horror show such as this

Do you think that The Hunted Chronicle 2 could be ported to Pyra?

Here you can watch what it looks like:

Thank you for the answer.

I read somewhere that @ptitSeb ported the DarkPlaces engine to Pyra, which required it to run this game.
I have no idea if this version for Pyra is compatible with The Hunted Chronicle 2.

I hope that someone can check it out.

I haven't pushed a DarkPlaces dbp no. I did a "NPRquake" dbp to play Quake1 (I guess that was the subject). Having a build of DarkPlace for the Pyra should not be too difficult. Not even sure it needs building, as there might be one ready to use (with gl4es) on the Debian repo?

Thank you for the answer.

I don't use Pyra, so I can't test it.
However, I check Debian packages, and I found Darkplaces for ARM:

I'm not sure how difficult it will be to run The Hunted Chronicle 2 using this package.
Of course, I'm curious if Pyra is powerful enough to run this game.

Back