The icontrol pad and the return of couchside competition

So this is probably a no brainer but I was wondering about the versatility of the icontrol pad as a secondary controller for the openpandora. The obvious implication being that, when used with the tv out cable (whenever it may be possible to get one) that you could use them to play games with a friend or, if you are so inclined to spend the money, multiple friends -epending on the game and system). essentially turning the pandora into not only the ultimate handheld computer/emulator but also the ultimate portable retro console.

basically Im asking if this would work and if it cant what are some alternatives? (for instance perhps there is some sort of usb based control pad that you could plug into it or something.) it seems like it should work but let me know what you think.

also if someone could redirect me to a thread about the status of the tvout cables thatd be great.

this issue has some up one too many times.....and theres good reasons why its still coming up, because for some odd reason, its not still not the way it should be

Well I've used the ICP and the Pandora successfully in Hotfix 6 a while ago.. it worked fine once it's connected.. although it's a bit of an art to get it synced..

Every USB joystick / gamepad I've tried on the Pandora just works.. but remember you need to use a USB 2.0 hub when using USB 1.1 devices such as gamepads, mice and keyboards.. or just find an adapter for the smaller OTG USB port to let you plug in regular sized USB devices..

also if someone could redirect me to a thread about the status of the tvout cables thatd be great.
There's plenty of them. The last official words I remember were that the original chinese company were interested again, but nothing progressed any further than that.

The topic of iControlpad & Pandora intergration was raised here & here.

With the TV out cables surely only 2 months away, it strikes me as a 'no brainer' that some sort of method should be found to easily pair the ICP with the Pandora and give the option that any controls used on the ICP are interpreted by the Pandora as if the Pandora's own controls were used.

This method of control when combined with TV Out would be great if it could also be applied to other dual analogue controllers (XBox, PS3, Generic USB etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
With the TV out cables surely only 2 months away, it strikes me as a 'no brainer' that some sort of method should be found to easily pair the ICP with the Pandora and give the option that any controls used on the ICP are interpreted by the Pandora as if the Pandora's own controls were used.
Really surprised nobody jumped at this for the ReBirth Comp as there seems to be interest.

Back