scummvm 1.6? (eye of the beholder)

kaiserpc

Does anyone if we are likely to get scummvm v1.6 on Pandora? - I see it has eye of the beholder 1 and 2 included now.

I know you can run these 2 in dos box ex ultimate but I could not get the mouse to work (in fairness I've only tried a couple of times and haven't fully read the docs).

EOB I, II , III in dosbox ex ultimate works perfectly with touchscreen. Dont forget after starting dosbox use key combination [left SHOULDER + ENTER] to correct the aspect of screen. Right Mouse Button is LEFT SHOULDER + W

scummvm1.6 as well as scummvm1.7 (development build) for pandora are available on scummvm.org in daily builds...  As far as I remember djwillis configured auto-build bot for this reason

I guess someone just needs to be added as maintainer to update the repo versions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a quick go with the latest dev branch, and tested it with Broken Sword1, Simone the Sorcerer and Woodruf - looked fine.

I guess someone just needs to be added as maintainer to update the repo versions :)
I would like to volunteer, but Ivanovic is the current maintainer, maybe we should approach him (hasn't been around for months though) ?

he should be contactable via IRC
Too much of a hassle. I don't think hen would have anything against it anyway. So how to proceed from here to "gain maintainership" ?

One additional thing:

With stable and developer builds available, would it be a good idea to create two entries in the repo, or should I just link to the development builds on the scummvm page in the additional info field ?

Well ivonavic uploads 2 versions of battle for wesnoth stable and Dev versions. So I couldn't see no harm in doing the same on scummvm

Yep - that's a great idea - a development build of 1.7 and the release of 1.6 - is anyone planning to upload them to the repo? Scummvm was still sitting at 1.5 last time I checked

Yep - that's a great idea - a development build of 1.7 and the release of 1.6 - is anyone planning to upload them to the repo? Scummvm was still sitting at 1.5 last time I checked
Wanted to upload the dev build pnd, but struggeling with some filesystem rights issues, guess it will take till sunday, sorry

Last night I had my Pandora compile ScummVM 1.6.0, but the file is pretty large (55MB zipped, ~ 130MB unpacked), also I didn't get my head around the whole pnd-building stuff. So no joy. :-/ Guess I'll leave out some of the options and compile again...

Back