Release DosBox EX v3 - Final Release

S

StreaK

And another christmas present :)

DosBox EX v3

Whats new:

Whats new in v3.0 [19/12/2011]:

- 2 different editions of DosBox EX [T] uses Notaz SDL (fullscreen / touchscreen ready) and [F] is normal (fullscreen / usb-mouse ready)]

- Added zenity for game selection

- various small improvements

- btw. DosBoxEX [T] has overall better performance than DosBoxEX [F]

Differences between original DB and DB EX:

- Changed mapper

- Changed config

- Removed some stuff from source code to speed up autostart

- Adjusted config to maximum speed [and save maximum compatibility]

- Built without SDL GL

- all standard gaming controls from dos [ALT / CTRL / ENTER / SPACE ]

are mapped into pandora A/B/X/Y gaming buttons

Merry_Christmas.gif

Touchpad working / not working games for DosBox EX v3 [T]

:) ]

-[not working - desynced ]-------------

diggers

hook

warlords 2

predator 2

theme park

kgb

operation stealth

les menley lost in la

spellcasting 301

space hulk

betrayal at krondor

rex nebular

sabre team

worms

stronghold

syndicate

black sect

bat

history line

cannon fodder

cannon fodder 2

heart of china

capitalism [hi-res]

discovery

front lines

geisha

m and m: darkside of xeen

Code:
List of games that works / not works with touchscreen in DosBox EX [T]

-[working ]-----------------

dreamweb

eye of the beholder 2

curse of enchantia [after clicking a lot, it become desynced..]

gabriel knight

krypton egg [V-desync but still fully playable]

lands of lore

red hell / nazi paradox

crime city

civilisation

deja vu2

dungeon hack

hired guns

high seas trader

life and death

nuclear war

tajemnica statuetki

companions of xanth

dead of night

sherlock holmes [EA]

dune 2

elder scrolls arena [hard to config touchscreen and kinda slow to play..]

ultima underworld [after clicking a lot, it become desynced.. ]

castles 2

legends of valour

die hard 2

the terminator 2 arcade [desynced , but playable somehow

and

download page:

http://pnd.to/4floor [FaceBook Wall]

Any questions please ask.. bugreports.. please send em to my jabber IM

Last edited:
Quick question (I haven't been following the dosbox dev): When you say 'touchscreen ready', do you mean the annoying bug where you touch and drag and eventually the cursor gets offset bug is fixed?

Quick question (I haven't been following the dosbox dev): When you say 'touchscreen ready', do you mean the annoying bug where you touch and drag and eventually the cursor gets offset bug is fixed?

Yeah, i mean it works [touchscreen], but not every game is supported [take a look on a compatibility list on previous post]

thanks for this. noob here with dosbox, can i ask a quick question how to change drives, i cant seem to type ":" character. thanks

edit: nvm figured that out in the wiki :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone done any benchmarking on this yet? I've been busy sorting out my stuff for travelling and haven't had the chance to test it yet. I stuck some old DOS games on my 500gb passport drive that I'll test over the next week or so, but it's always interesting to hear about other peoples successes too. Oh my, if I could only get PGA 96 to run I'd be a happy man, that's got to be borderline feasible with the pandora overclocked and belching acrid smoke. It was so nearly playable with 5000 cycles on DOSBOX on the PC.

So glad to see the ever-expanding catalogue of stuff for us pending pandora owners. Thanks muchly for your efforts, StreaK.

I'd be curious to try Crusader No Remorse on that sucker.

So glad to see the ever-expanding catalogue of stuff for us pending pandora owners. Thanks muchly for your efforts, StreaK.

I'd be curious to try Crusader No Remorse on that sucker.

Crusader requires windows 95 as far as i remember.

Well, actually both Crusader parts need at least Dos 5.0 but run on a minimum of a 486 DX 66 system. A Pentium 60 is recommended and I'm afraid that's the problem. Maybe I can figure it out, just waiting for my holidays starting next week...

There's a PSX version too which runs fine, but it can't be compared to the DOS version of course.

Well, actually both Crusader parts need at least Dos 5.0 but run on a minimum of a 486 DX 66 system. A Pentium 60 is recommended and I'm afraid that's the problem. Maybe I can figure it out, just waiting for my holidays starting next week...

There's a PSX version too which runs fine, but it can't be compared to the DOS version of course.

What prevents such a comparison?

Sorry, wrong words. Of course such a comparison is possible. I've played both versions and I like the Dos version better. I didn't want to prevent anybody from playing the PSX version.

I've tested Crusader: No Remorse on my Pandora overclocked to 900mhz. It starts but it's unplayably slow, don't know, about 1 or 2 frames per second.

Sorry, wrong words. Of course such a comparison is possible. I've played both versions and I like the Dos version better. I didn't want to prevent anybody from playing the PSX version.

No problem, I was just being a pedantic arse. Hope you get your game running - maybe someone has or will write an engine for it if it's a popular game.

EDIT: Before someone burns my house down, a pedant IS NOT the same as being a paedo....

Last edited by a moderator:
So how's usability of DosBox EX, guys? better that previous version? elaborate.. :)

Back