The Keyboard Thread

I have never been a fan of the 'ergo' styled keyboards with their nonstandard key placements. I could probably get used to typing on one, but then would be completely screwed when I touched any normal keyboard.
That's why I stick with a mostly typical qwerty keyboard.

what i like about these is that the keys aren't too far from where you expect them. -- qwerty and all that.

what i like about these is that the keys aren't too far from where you expect them. -- qwerty and all that.
Occasionally I end up having to use one of those Dell keyboards with a double wide space bar. It is like someone tied my shoes together and asked me to run. I orient my fingers over the keyboard based on the feel of that front edge of the space bar. Similarly when keyboard designers get cute and turn the keys to an angle and/or make a hump in the middle of the keyboard or whatnot it is like being put in a straight jacket. Inevitably when I have to use one of those foreign keyboard setups, there is someone standing right over my shoulder and expecting a 30 second miracle bit of programming or configuration to be done - and suddenly I'm unable to type.

So far, thought, the Vortex Race 3 keyboards that I have are working pretty awesome. The Cherry MX brown has a much better feel than the Cherry MX clear. I would replace the clear, but it is difficult to justify spending $130 to replace a keyboard with one 95% the same. The clear "silent" switches are far louder than the browns - and the clears require a much harder keystroke to register.
[doublepost=1538244842,1538243639][/doublepost]Apparently, the Lenovo Yoga book was originally supposed to be available in Windows, Android AND Chrome OS.
https://chromeunboxed.com/the-untimely-demise-of-the-chrome-os-lenovo-yoga-book-pbody-is-dead/

It makes me wonder even more if they won't make the latest e-ink 2nd display version in a Chrome OS release. This has the unique ability to 'change keyboard layouts' based on the OS loaded. So, the weird Chrome OS layout without F1-F12 is just a software image and not a production line change.

Yes, the virtual keyboard would about drive me insane - I wouldn't use that. BUT - I would use the hell out of this as a dual screen Chrome OS tablet to read on one side and game on the other.

Did more research. The Lenovo Yoga Book has a fatal flaw. No headphone jack.

Back