The New Dingo A330

Reo said:
NeoTheFox said:
Reo said:
NeoTheFox said:
gibberish said:
NeoTheFox said:
It seems to be a fake...Anyway wireless joy is win

Why would you say that? The info is from Dingoo Digital.

No it's not!
This is not official Dingoo site, and IP verification says that this belong to the same company whitch was making fake a320 and SP2
Also design is fail as much as it could be, so this is a fake.

If it will be selling, it will still be a fake, but not real dingoo
An authorized reseller of A320s who communicates directly with the company broke the news to Dingoonity. He's acting like it's real, so that's probably the best way to think of it.

The ONLY thing that can explain our situation is that 2GB Dingoo is official
It is official though. Those models were made to sell in China but somehow leaked into some stock meant for international sale. Also, from some reading at Dingoonity, these A330s are supposedly made from a company that split from Dingoo Digital. I read it here.
Man, companies that make hand helds seem to break quite often. So for Game Park the break off survived, what do you think will happen here, the main company dying or the break off? I just hope that they aren't named 'Dingoo Digital ______', that always confuses things.

Hmm, I wonder if one of the Pandora team will get fed up and break off. Can't wait for 'OpenPandora Holdings' to open up shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, that new machine looks horrific.

My dingo is nice a discretely shaped, and can fit in my jacket pocket with ease. I wouldn't want a different styled device.

Staying with Mini SD eh? Coooool.....

second exodous said:
Reo said:
NeoTheFox said:
Reo said:
NeoTheFox said:
gibberish said:
NeoTheFox said:
It seems to be a fake...Anyway wireless joy is win

Why would you say that? The info is from Dingoo Digital.

No it's not!
This is not official Dingoo site, and IP verification says that this belong to the same company whitch was making fake a320 and SP2
Also design is fail as much as it could be, so this is a fake.

If it will be selling, it will still be a fake, but not real dingoo
An authorized reseller of A320s who communicates directly with the company broke the news to Dingoonity. He's acting like it's real, so that's probably the best way to think of it.

The ONLY thing that can explain our situation is that 2GB Dingoo is official
It is official though. Those models were made to sell in China but somehow leaked into some stock meant for international sale. Also, from some reading at Dingoonity, these A330s are supposedly made from a company that split from Dingoo Digital. I read it here.
Man, companies that make hand helds seem to break quite often. So for Game Park the break off survived, what do you think will happen here, the main company dying or the break off? I just hope that they aren't named 'Dingoo Digital ______', that always confuses things.

Hmm, I wonder if one of the Pandora team will get fed up and break off. Can't wait for 'OpenPandora Holdings' to open up shop.
Nah, it's just "Dingoo Tech".

Pleng said:
Anyway, that new machine looks horrific.

My dingo is nice a discretely shaped, and can fit in my jacket pocket with ease. I wouldn't want a different styled device.

Staying with Mini SD eh? Coooool.....

I'm not a huge fan of the styling, although "horrific" might be going a little far :) It would have been cool if they'd gone for the more rounded look of the Gemei prototype, but size wise it's only marginally bigger than an A320 and should fit in pockets fine.

Yeah, Mini SD sucks :(

It's just like the GP2X all over again. Once we are shipping the Pandora I'm going to be so happy to stop dealing with all the smoke and mirrors of these Chinese PMP consoles.

I agree with Craigix. I've been using my A320 while waiting for the Pandora and it has been a nice little machine. But I don't want an incremental update. Instead I will have the Pandora. This new device doesn't even match what the Pandora can do so why bother.

elinscheid said:
I agree with Craigix. I've been using my A320 while waiting for the Pandora and it has been a nice little machine. But I don't want an incremental update. Instead I will have the Pandora. This new device doesn't even match what the Pandora can do so why bother.

are you looking to sell it?

Dingoo A330 Micro a SHIT of a machine
Why oh why are they going to a smaller screen, Nintendo micro is a flop because the screen is too small

The Dingoo A330 Mini Game King is a new third party handheld console that measures roughly the size of a Game Boy Micro, where you are able to play a range of emulated ROMs as well as a host of other multimedia files. Just in case you are not happy with its 2.3" LCD display at 320 x 240 resolution, you will be able to watch it on a larger display using its video out connectivity. Apart from that, there is also an integrated 2.4 GHz radio receiver that lets you play nice with wireless game controllers, although we're not to sure whether anyone would want to do so.
:angry: :wiz:

It has the same screensize as the A320, 2.8", but this time they use ones with the right orientation. Why so angry RedBaron?
*cough* Buy an A320 *cough*

elinscheid said:

That's sort of missing the point, the A330 is much smaller and is likely to cost less than a third the price of the Pandora, and still a very capable machine if the A320 is anything to go by. Different markets :)

elinscheid said:
Don't think of it as the A320's successor, think of it as a new model of the Dingoo. It's somewhat like how Sony made new PSP models with slightly better features, but it's nearly the same thing.

craigix said:
It's just like the GP2X all over again. Once we are shipping the Pandora I'm going to be so happy to stop dealing with all the smoke and mirrors of these Chinese PMP consoles.

Difference between the Dingoo A330 and the Pandora? The A330 will be released, while the Pandora won't. There is no Pandora handheld, there never was a Pandora handheld, there never will be a Pandora handheld.

euleberlin said:
It has the same screensize as the A320, 2.8", but this time they use ones with the right orientation. Why so angry RedBaron?
*cough* Buy an A320 *cough*
I was hoping for a much bigger screen

Augh, I know that everyone was warned about these tricky Chinese PMP manufacturers. The A320 had such good build quality, so it seemed like they wouldn't just spit out a new model at random.

As far as I'm concerned, if Dingux doesn't install on the A330, it's worthless. Hopefully if it doesn't work from day one, booboo will be able to get it to work.

quadomatic said:
Augh, I know that everyone was warned about these tricky Chinese PMP manufacturers. The A320 had such good build quality, so it seemed like they wouldn't just spit out a new model at random.

As far as I'm concerned, if Dingux doesn't install on the A330, it's worthless. Hopefully if it doesn't work from day one, booboo will be able to get it to work.

AFAIK, It can theoricaly be installed, but to work properly, it will need a new LCD driver. (they changed the LCD for a better one)

quadomatic said:

I don't understand that, for one the hardware is so easy to access and the firmware so easy to reverse that making the required changes to dingux should be trivial, but this is a handheld, the native OS can execute programs just the same as dingux, there's no real reason to worry about linux.

It is looking like this is not an ordinary update..."The only processor rated officially at 400MHz (see here) is the JZ4755" (by flatmush) So here is the speculation:

The description of dingoo-digital-usa (on pre-ordering post of dingoonity) said that there is a 3D engine, maybe it is using a Jz4755 which has 400 mhz and VPU.

siloucos said:
It is looking like this is not an ordinary update..."The only processor rated officially at 400MHz (see here) is the JZ4755" (by flatmush) So here is the speculation:

The description of dingoo-digital-usa (on pre-ordering post of dingoonity) said that there is a 3D engine, maybe it is using a Jz4755 which has 400 mhz and VPU.
I believe the A320's processor is factory underclocked, so this one's either a better processor that's also underclocked or it's a similar one that's at the normal clockspeed.

Back