The One Nub Club

MDave said:
I shall gloat about it if mine both work :p I shall make you all feel jealous!

But if one doesn't, then you can do the same back to me :lol:
Alrite. Gimme me a sec. Have to find that Nelson pic ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
still no e-mail but lots are getting the shipping e-mail today

Craig did all the pandoras with only one nub working get good homes ?

GhostChaserUK said:
Nope. Mine is stopped by custom officials. :-(
Looks like they want me to pay dues. I need to call them, but still have no UPS tracking number...

Vitel said:
GhostChaserUK said:
Nope. Mine is stopped by custom officials. :-(
Looks like they want me to pay dues. I need to call them, but still have no UPS tracking number...

just e-mail openpandora and removed my self from the one nub list had no e-mail so will just stick to waiting i must be number 3999 as ordered last aug 2009

GhostChaserUK said:
just e-mail openpandora and removed my self from the one nub list had no e-mail so will just stick to waiting i must be number 3999 as ordered last aug 2009

You and me both, brother.

It's cool: the software stack and developer ecosystem will be way more mature when we get there. Yet we'll still count as (moderately) early adopters! IT'S WIN-WIN

Kicker said:
It's cool: the software stack and developer ecosystem will be way more mature when we get there. Yet we'll still count as (moderately) early adopters! IT'S WIN-WIN
Spec will be old by then :p

quadomatic said:
Hmmm...I'm way at the back of the queue. Maybe if others have similar success I'll give it a shot.

So the nub just wasn't working properly? Not just totally dead? What was wrong with it exactly?

It was the right nub. Out of the box, switched the Pandora on and used the left nub to move the mouse. Tried the right nub and it wasn't totally dead, it just sorta hovered around a bit on the spot when I tried to move it. I calibrated both nubs a few times and found the right 'faulty' one was now moving the pointer on the screen in a nice linear fashion, just like the left nub. No complaints here at all

"Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped."

Will be here Wednesday :)

Strange though, I had the shipping address changed, as it turns out I have a dentist appointment that was on Saturday but was canceled and moved to Wednesday so I will be at the address it is shipping too. I just hope it doesn't arrive while I'm getting my teeth drilled :p

Snow-Okami said:
Strange though, I had the shipping address changed, as it turns out I have a dentist appointment that was on Saturday but was canceled and moved to Wednesday so I will be at the address it is shipping too. I just hope it doesn't arrive while I'm getting my teeth drilled :p
"This is AAARRR the happiest OOOOWWWWW day of my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE life!"

Snow-Okami said:
"Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped."

Will be here Wednesday :)

your lucky i did not get any e-mail so i left the ship the sick pandora's must have all gone

WizardStan said:
"This is AAARRR the happiest OOOOWWWWW day of my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE life!"

LOL!

I figure the happiness and built up anticipation will override any amount of pain I am in :D

GhostChaserUK said:
your lucky i did not get any e-mail so i left the ship the sick pandora's must have all gone

I actually was one of the first to request one (thank my patience for that). I had it confirmed last week (Thursday I think) but it did not ship out like it was suppose to until today for some reason.

It will be nice to compare the build quality to the other one I also pre-ordered. (That won't come for months though lol)

Alerino said:
Can i have a word from the one nub club about your received units? Do they seem to have been assembled after QC was enforced?

Wondering the same thing...with every working unit I feel more and more inclined to take the offer.

Had the pm from Craig and sent email to the team but

Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to recieving your order in the next 24 hours (weekends not always included), if you chose UPS shipping you should recieve your order in the next 48 hours (weekends not included). Airmail will take 2-12 days.

We want to thank you for sticking with the Pandora project for all this time. We hope you will enjoy the final product. You can head over to gp32x.de to talk on the forums and soon enjoy your Pandora.

Thanks so much,

Craig and the Pandora team.

SONY said:
Chero said:
I'm in, and I received a one-nub-pandora today.

I only had about 15' time to quickly boot it and start xfce. So far both nubs seem to react, so I haven't got a clue which one is supposed to be broken ...

WTF? Please leave this club immediately! :p

I guess now I'll really have to leave the club.
One nub didn't always respond as it should. Resetting it a few times seems to have done the trick.

Have fun,
Chero.

Back