The Other Ultimate Question

N64 or PS1

• N64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PS1, I keep going to my lil collection of ps1 games to trade a load in for something else, but I just can't do it! I narrowed my collection down to my most favourite games over the time I had my ps1. They are:

Final fantasy 6, 7, 8 and 9
Driver 2
Time Crisis with a namco light gun
Metal Gear Solid
Tony Hawks Skateboarding
Star Wars Episode 1, Jedi Power Battles
Speed Freaks (as good as Crash team racing)
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped
Hogs of War
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (THE best game. Better than any Tekken game imo).

N64 was my non handheld console purchase.

There was a definite rift in my school year between the people who played games for the image and those who played them for enjoyment.

All of us true blues owned N64s, the games were amazing!

Goldeneye
Bomberman
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart
F ZeroX
Smash Brothers
ISS64
LYLAT WARS!!!
Snowboard Kids
WCW/nWo
Banjo Kazooie
Zelda :p

It was a great console, still play on it a fair old amount, is one of the best ones for parties and gatherings, has some top quality for player titles!

Yep I whiled away many an evening playing Golden Eye with mates. The poll is quite even which is surprising. I thought the N64 would get slaughtered - then again the poll count is significantly lower than the Genesis vs Snes poll. People liking them equally or hating both possibly? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i chose psx, purley for final fantasy, sure the N64 had a load of good games, but not as good as ffvii, also N64 games were, and still are so god damm expensive, you can pick up psx games anywhere for next to nothing

Yep I whiled away many an evening playing Golden Eye with mates.
yeah but did you reach the lowest of low levels when during a one on one in the basement level you'd know the spot where your enemy would next appear?

[me] hangs head in shame [/me]
Lol, I used to know all the multiplayer levels inside out (not the spawn spots tho)

A quick peek at the other guys screen was all i needed

Gotta love the guy that didnt know how to use the radar, so you creep up to him and b***h slap him

Last edited by a moderator:
PSONE machine blew me away when i first played on it at my mates house... last machine that truly made my jaw drop and had to go and buy one! In fact that was the last console i bought 9 years ago!

Although got bored of it after a year, well i was at uni there were much better things to keep me far more entertained, drinking clubbing, women..and other things :p In fact i've only just start gaming again properly in the past couple of years!

psone for me.I bought one of the first uk batch at around £300.and when it burned out i bought another one almost five years later! now that is a long life span for a console.and they still make software for it now.
less impressed with ps2 but it still outsells all the competition so it must have something.
dont know why people hate sony maybe because all the manufacturers it killed.
before psone i was a sega fan but the saturn just wasnt in it. i hired a saturn with virtual fighter and daytona and wasn't impressed.
then i saw tekken and ridge racer on a friends import machine and the decision was made.

Back