The Outhouse

erico

Advanced Member
Website
sites.google.com
Hello chaps, I´m putting some final touches on a new game for PC win and would like to share it with you.

Some of you might remember the trs-80 and the trs-80 color computers. They had some cool games. :)
One of them was Outhouse, a game you are an UFO and have to protect an outhouse and its toilet papers.
It is a single screen 8 way shot em up. Here is how it looked like on the original machines:
02.gif

03.gif

As you can see, the original runs on semi graphics mode on the trs-80 while the coco version runs on high resolution with artifact colors.
The coco also sports a semi graphics mode and my plan is to use that exact restriction to make the game.

I´m adding a bunch of extras like 2 players mode and so on, here is the latest video.
The game is pretty much complete but lacking sound and fine tuning of elements and gameplay.

If you are interested, here is a more complete development blog:

Thanks @levi , the explosion was one of the first things done. I'm strugling a bit with sounds as I under estimated it. I hope it is done by this weekend :)

Hello back chaps! Just finished the game.
It is available on itchio for $5 dollars and you also get that tech illustration bundled in.
Price should be at 2.99 in a couple of months and the image will be made free.
Here is the store for you to burn all your money:

Here is a trailer:

And here a gameplay video, crappy one :)

And I should have a complete making of soon at this place:

And finally, I should bring some keys for us soon.
Where is the Pyra?? I need to convert my games to it!! :)

Remind me to buy it in a week. I need to receive the 2 factor authentication thingy from my bank to do internet payments.

Though I don't think I understand the rules. I never seemed to get any points - only lose toilet paper. So to get the highest score, I had to kill myself as quickly as posstible

Thanks, I'll give it another go later. Might be worth a splash screen on the title telling you who do what?

What? And spoil all those arcade secrets?
Yep I should. Fact is that that happens with all my games. I really should look into it.

Back