The Pandora Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHERS TEH VEDIO??!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! HUUHUHH????? :huh: :eek: :huh: :eek: :huh:

:huh: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

dak said:
WHERS TEH VEDIO??!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! HUUHUHH????? :huh: :eek: :huh: :eek: :huh:

Frankly, if I were Craig and took the amount of stick for poor quality I wouldn't bother until able to take truly professional-quality vids.

But if you do read this Craig, please ignore what I said - I would love to see the Pandora videos as it is the content I would like to see, not the artistic merit.

Last edited by a moderator:
dak said:

Somebody's still surprised with delays.. dak must have not been following the development process. ;)
Edit: typo

TaG said:
dak said:

Frankly, if I were Craig and took the amount of stick for poor quality I wouldn't bother until able to take truly professional-quality vids.

But if you do read this Craig, please ignore what I said - I would love to see the Pandora videos as it is the content I would like to see, not the artistic merit.

i for one would like to see the pandora at all. :p

conso said:
that's all strategy, they want to keep us struggling.
A small picture here, a new small picture there. Even if there are several big steps at once, that they document, they will release them in steps to be abled to always give out something new.
It's like dealing with kids. Every day is a birthday and if you forget to bring presents, some of us will surely start whining hysterically.
thats a (sometimes cruel) marketing move. I call it overhype-many-months-in-advance :p Make yourself a favor and don't spend that much time over every single Pandora news, just keep an eye for big updates (and for the launch, of course) ;)

ashdjones said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Peter R said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Kyosys said:
IT'S SO SMALL
That's what she said. :lol:

Though I must agree, I do like the textured back, perfect for long gaming sessions full of sweat! Also, in addition to the black aesthetic being matte, the diamond pattern will definitely help to cover up minor scratches and blemishes the device might get though normal use. Bravo!

I'm pretty sure thats just there as the case has been rapid prototyped and not injections molded.

Well how else would it have been made, then, stock plastic vacuum forming? If you're correct, silly me for thinking it to be a design feature! :unsure:

Rapid prototyping uses a form of 3D printing, with a head that moves around and builds up your plastic object layer by layer. It's very slow (and therefor expensive) for manufacturing but you don't need to make a hugely expensive mould to do it (so you can try out different designs). For mass production, injection moulding is used which is much quicker and cheaper but requires expensive moulds.

ahhh no more plastic talk! (my parents deal with plastic injection, I hear it every day, lol :p)
anywayz, just for you to know, here are some links to give you an idea of what this industry is all about
rapid prototyping .
plastic injection . [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1lgy0qocY]2[/url]
you also have different techniques, such as blowing (and not injecting), thats what they use for PET (your coca cola bottle :p), it's far cheaper and faster than injecting, but less accurate (your shampoo plastic cap, for example, is made by injection).
if anyone here works with it and want to talk about it, lets chat on msn (windows live messenger) roberto.cr@gmail.com (or pure email, you choose) :)

and sorry for the offtopic ;) it's just nice to see this discussion was made over the pandora prototype, because that's the kind of thing you need to know if you are to work in product design, what craigix is managing at the moment ;)

This is getting *REALLY* old.

(Pandora Team)"Oh we're too busy to make videos and take pictures - but we'll have pictures tomorrow. You know, worthless plebs - we spoil you."

(Three Weeks Later - Normal Person)"Where's that picture you promised us."

(Pandora Protection Party)"OMFG! Grow up you idiot! Don't you know they are too busy! WTF! You ayr teh stoopid. Don't you know they spend every waking second building teh P&/A?!?!?¡¡¿"

(NP)"But they said three weeks ago they'd take pictures. How long does it take to take a picture. Besides, I thought the delays were because of shipping delays, etc. - what are they working on now? I mean - if they had gotten everything on time they *still* wouldn't be done with it if they are still working so much on it."

(PPP)"STFU, Stoopyd n00b! Pandora pwns all. They never said it would be ready. They said it it *might* be ready. U R wetarted! They *ALWAYS* said 'It's ready when it's ready.' I'd rather have it done right than done fast."

(PT)"We're REALLY busy. But, we will have mercy on you worthless plebs. We'll have a video or picture tomorrow."

*repeat*

Pictures - Posted 23 hours after the "Pics soon" post.

Videos - Posted one week after the "Video soon" post .

Let's revise your little dialog to reflect reality:

(Pandora Team)"We'll try to have more pictures and video soon."

(Three Minutes Later - Pathological Whiners Brigade)"Where's that picture you promised us!?!? You Promised!!! Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie!"

(Everybody else) "Oh boy, this again"

(A reasonable time later - Pandora Team) "Here is the new media"

(Pathological Whiners Brigade)"Not good enough! Not fast enough! Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie!"

*repeat*

chad78 said:
(Pandora Protection Party)"OMFG! Grow up you idiot! Don't you know they are too busy! WTF! You ayr teh stoopid. Don't you know they spend every waking second building teh P&/A?!?!?¡¡¿"
I really have no affinity towards and Pandora and infact will develop more for the next GPH console if it materialises but I have infact recommended to Craig several times that he refuse to sell a unit to anyone named Chad.

I suggested this not as to cause offense to you but I just worry that you may become one of those whiny lads who complains that each emulator release or game release just isn't good or fast enough. I believe that this will cause all the emulator developers to either simultaneously leave or take part in some huge mass suicide. This practical application of chaos theory will of course leave the Pandora with nothing which is hardly the situation we would want now, is it?

That ending question was rhetorical. Please don't answer it. I know you probably will but I just thought I would at least *try* to deter you slightly.

chad78 said:

(Pandora Team)"Oh we're too busy to make videos and take pictures - but we'll have pictures tomorrow. You know, worthless plebs - we spoil you."

(Three Weeks Later - Normal Person)"Where's that picture you promised us."

(NP)"But they said three weeks ago they'd take pictures. How long does it take to take a picture. Besides, I thought the delays were because of shipping delays, etc. - what are they working on now? I mean - if they had gotten everything on time they *still* wouldn't be done with it if they are still working so much on it."

(PPP)"STFU, Stoopyd n00b! Pandora pwns all. They never said it would be ready. They said it it *might* be ready. U R wetarted! They *ALWAYS* said 'It's ready when it's ready.' I'd rather have it done right than done fast."

(PT)"We're REALLY busy. But, we will have mercy on you worthless plebs. We'll have a video or picture tomorrow."

*repeat*
padded-cell.jpg

Ahem! :rolleyes:

Trooper

Chip said:

Here's some reality.
craigix said:
Just to let you all know we are watching and reading these threads, I might have something to show you this week.
GUI shots promised "this week" posted MAY 25, 2008 - Actually GUI shots posted... Oh wait... NEVER.

Oh... wait, he did say "might" :rolleyes:

I try to defend the devs when I can, but I live by the Dennis Prager saying, "First tell the truth, then give your opinion." The truth is, they really screwed the pooch on that one. :lol: It really does seem absurd that at this pace, we'll be preordering a device before we have seen any kind of GUI or even the final case (potentially). Of course I'm going to throw down the dough the first chance I get, but it's little things like this that make me wonder when the real release date of Pandora will be...

chad78 said:
Chip said:

Here's some reality.
craigix said:
Just to let you all know we are watching and reading these threads, I might have something to show you this week.
GUI shots promised "this week" posted MAY 25, 2008 - Actually GUI shots posted... Oh wait... NEVER.

Oh... wait, he did say "might" :rolleyes:

Well, You obviously haven`t seen the other thread yet, That should cheer you up. :)

Trooper

Short version:

(Pandora Team)"Casual comment"

(Chad78)"Moan. Whinge. Want my toy or I'll sulk and whine."

*repeat*

trooper said:
Well, You obviously haven`t seen the other thread yet, That should cheer you up. :)

Trooper
What other thread?

P.S. Chad, yes he did say "might", thereby protecting himself against litigation from yourself. ;) But don't leave; you make these boards a bit more interesting.

Mweston has made a huge post about estimates and why they're always wrong. Evil courier companies and slow-witted Chinese factories spoil the deal. Shit happens and you just can't estimate the amount of shit to happen in future, BUT what about the gui? Evil courier company has damaged inspiration on it's way to the devs?
Dear CronoTriggerfan what makes you think you'll be preodering :pandora1: without having seen the gui? Do you still hope those estimates about preodering are right? You can't preoder air and you can't preoder your dreams they will have to show us a fully working MK1 device. And according to what I've recently seen a semi assembled device from which you have to take out a PCB to turn it on with no gui can't be considered as beta version, because beta should be fully assembled and working prototype. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's plenty of time left before you can preoder something, so that the gui will be completed before preodering starts. I'm not complaining about delays. It's just about the fact that cortex based devices start to appear. Maybe dev team likes the process of development itself and doesn't want to finish it. Who knows.. :D

_VWV_ said:
It's just about the fact that cortex based devices start to appear. Maybe dev team likes the process of development itself and doesn't want to finish it. Who knows.. :D

Holy smokes. Pandora, you must come out soon, or I may be roped in to buying expensive Archos devices and all of their expensive add-ons to make glorious internet device.

Tensuke said:
_VWV_ said:
It's just about the fact that cortex based devices start to appear. Maybe dev team likes the process of development itself and doesn't want to finish it. Who knows.. :D

Holy smokes. Pandora, you must come out soon, or I may be roped in to buying expensive Archos devices and all of their expensive add-ons to make glorious internet device.

Yeah, With the dodgy Neon fpu. :D

Trooper

Tensuke said:
I thought it was evident that my post was not devoted to archos devices as a rivals for Panda. I guess I should have better expressed myself. I just wanted to say that Panda is not the only one out there. I'd prefer to have a more expensive Nokia n900 that infinite Panda development process. But I guess :pandora1: zealots will chose the second option :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back