The Pandora Port Request Thread

SO I was wondering, would i be possible for someone to port GZdoom. Some of you are probably saying, Doom is already or is being ported to this already. Most likely, but this engine has a cool mod called Doom 3. A guy is taking the game doom and putting it to doom. I have the source code for it If anyone is game for this tell me, i'll send u the source code. Just think about it, if u port doom 3 to the pandora it'll probably take up alot space; and having doom3 ported to old doom it wouldn't take much space. some just throwing this out there.

I think someone said they would port it if they had the time. I'm sure we'll get a port eventually. I hoping both GZDoom and Skulltag have their respective ports.

found this regarding the "doom 3" mod for gzdoom on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju0mz0TCzCk :
"
Bloodshed667 (3 months ago)
Woah, where can I get this kickass mod?!

fabio914 (3 months ago)
ID Software didn´t let us publish their textures and sounds with our maps and scripts , so you won´t be able to get it , sorry.

plasticnemesis (3 months ago)
so is the project stuck and never coming?

fabio914 (3 months ago)
Well, we will probably create a "demo" version of the project with Mars City and Mars City Underground maps , but we won´t be able to release it to the public...
"

Is this a letdown or what? GZDoom is awesome anyways, so it'd be great to see it on our little Panda.... edit: which we probably won't, but there's at least ZDoom... (see forum post given above)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone thinking about a Pure Data port?

Was wondering if anyone tried it out already.

How about we go all the way and port MAX/msp?
lol, jk, Pure Data would be awesome, It's on gp2x already, too.

ninjamonkey said:
Username said:
Actually, I heard that this game is also being ported to a different platform that's coming out soon:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/05/...

ok then. now i curious, would anyone possibly know how extract source from a game rom?

Yes. You need a dedicated team of reverse engineer'ers and crackers, many many hours of time, and maybe some money.

ninjamonkey said:
ok then. now i curious, would anyone possibly know how extract source from a game rom?
You can't, it's like trying to make an orange from orange juice.

+1

I would really love something like the Pandora as a mini-synth to connect to my MIDI keyboard. Speaking of MAX, are there any pd extensions for offloading computation to (generic) DSPs? I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to have some sort of interface.

How about ZynAddSubFX, just for a simple synth? It's pretty flexible, and doesn't need much of a system to run on. The code is presently for OSS and JACK, so I'm not sure how that would fit in with the Pandora's sound system.

It looks like Pure Data can do some really unique things and some of what it can do is maybe geared more towards live performance which is cool, but I don't personally make music like this. :(
I guess I am just hoping for a program that you could open up make some music on in a straight forward way with out reading a book first, using a preexisting set of samples, or typing in cryptic stuff into a tracker to get basic stuff done like you know volume. I suppose an Audacity/ Renoise-or-MilkyTracker is your best bet for dicking around with music on the go but I wish there was a better option for playing instruments along the lines of vsti (or one of the less common other modular instrument formats) and then recording the notes that it makes. But maybe I am just being a tool. It is just that I have been looking at this list and not seeing much to get exited about.
http://sound.condorow.net/

TheGoodDoktor said:
ninjamonkey said:
You can't, it's like trying to make an orange from orange juice.

You'd be amazed how far people have come trying to do that though :p

Sonic 1 ported to PC

EDIT: Actually this is even more impressive. Remember Sega's craptastic sonic 1 port to the game boy advance? Someone did a near perfect port of it themselves.

Sonic 1 ported to GBA

Hmm, I'm not too sure this is a port request as such, as I haven't yet found a utility that 100% matches up with what I'm thinking of, here, but I'll throw it out there anyway (I'm still looking - if anyone knows of one, please say so :lol: ).

How about a screenshotting utility that can be bound to a key or button (that's unlikely to be used in a given piece of software, that is), and takes and saves snapshots in the background without having to switch to the utility in order to save them manually? I mention this as I've gotten thoroughly addicted to the screenshot utility in Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City on the Wii, of late (I'm convinced that some of the city folk are zombies, so I've been collecting screenshots of the offending creatures :p), and now keep wanting to take screenshots of good/amusing moments whilst playing other games, too. :lol:

Crayon Physics Deluxe finally made it into a complete product, and it was also released for iPhone.
Was the developer asked to pnder a pandora port? I just like crayon better than humpty-dumpty-physics, which is more a lookalike than a real look-and-feel-clone of crayon.

The good news is that both use the box2d-framework, so as angstrom has numptyphysics, porting crayon could be really worth (in $$$) the effort (low).

grobi

Interesting Project this PC Goldeneye. However, they should focus onto the superb Single Player and not (only) onto the Multi Player. I can play a gazillion great Multi Player Games/Mods etc... but the Single Player Mode of Golden Eye is another Calibre. Even today it is great and not easy to find an equal gameplay onto the PC. :)

P.S. There are many interesting SONIC Projects for PC including Editors and new Graphics. I had tested some of them but of course the one and only Hedgehog with perfect gameplay is for SEGA Consoles only.

Back