The Pandora Port Request Thread

I was playing around with the Little John emulator on my Zodiac. I know some of the devs that worked on it are also active here. Considering all the consoles it emulates I think it would be a great addition. I don't know how possible it is considering it is a different OS but I wanted to ask about it.

Buzztard.
I don't know if it qualifies, but it's a Linux-based program and it's open source. I've never actually used it, but it's a tracker-on-crack based on/inspired by Jeskola Buzz, which I've used for 12 years, so if Buzztard is possible to port, that'd be very cool. Having limited understanding of the requirements, I apologize if I'm wasting time talking about something I should know to be impossible. The information about building Buzztard from source, which is a bit hard for me to understand with my lack of experience, is availible right here.
Again, I'm sorry if I should see clear signs that this is unportable, but I'm a musician, not a programmer.

I recently stumbled over this:

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.de/p/about-project.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/AM2R/

metroid_ii_alternate_poster_by_sabre230-d3dsrvm.png

Project AM2R aims to recreate Metroid 2 with updated graphics and gameplay. Taking elements from newer Metroid titles: the fast paced gameplay of Metroid: Zero Mission, the atmosphere and solitude of Super Metroid, and adding new game mechanics, AM2R is one of the most ambitious Metroid fan games.

FEATURES
  • Metroid Zero Mission style gameplay
  • Map system
  • Updated enemy AI
  • Minibosses
  • New areas
  • Challenging Metroid fights
  • Stackable beam system
  • Completely redrawn enemy and Metroid sprites
  • Log system with non-intrusive narrative
  • High quality soundtrack
Nintendo already brought it down but maybe the sauce is still around? Not tested the game yet but it is reported to be great. If Pandora is not powerful enough, maybe the pyra will be?

Looks like it is made with GameMaker. An android port is out there, using the same method as this Undertale port.

If I read that correctly, getting that "runner" from Android to work on Pandora/Pyra would allow for more GameMaker games to be launched. However, you'd need someone to work more on APKenv or something similar for that to even be possible.

Yes a newer VLC Version for the Pandora would be nice.
Our Repo Version is ancient :D

I tried to compile a newer SMplayer/mplayer but something was wrong with the scaling and i had too often a black screen.
A newer Smplayer Version wit rescent Mplayer build would be nice too :D

Maybe i try that again soon :)

Having a look on Dingoonity.org recently I saw that they have a pc-fx emulator for the GCW zero so I asked the dev would it be possible to port it to the Pandora and this was his response.

It is entirely possible to compile the pcfx core. In fact, the latest version has ARM optimisations that can be used on the Pandora.
Making a Pandora port is simply a matter of installing the dev libraries, running configure and make.
I'm still baffled why no one ported it properly but i don't own a Pandora so i cannot port it.
Sorry but you'll have to ask someone else. (e.g. ptitseb)

Yes mednafen. I have a build of that, but I haven't finished packaging (I want to package it with emulationstation, that I have also compiled, and some other stuff that I have,'t done yet).

Hitman 2 and 3
Cod
Hl blue shift
Would be awesome. Wait atom processor is my request.

Requesting and updated Audacious PND (v3.2.4 is in the repo)
Audacious 3.2 is the last version supporting the glib/gtk combo of the pandora OS.While, doing a PND with updated glib/gtk is doable, you're going to endup with a PND that look like half an OS ;)

Back