The Pandora Will Rule

Clad said:
Well, first the Pandora is more powerful than an Xbox (Xbox has a celeron 733, a geforce 3 and 64megs of ram...)
Are you being serious?

Nah, you can't be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Clad said:
Well, first the Pandora is more powerful than an Xbox (Xbox has a celeron 733, a geforce 3 and 64megs of ram...)
Are you being serious?

Nah, you can't be.
I kinda sense irony, but just in case that wasn't so. The Xbox uses a crippled Pentium III / Celeron 733, with 128k cache. Worth remembering, is that it has insane memory bandwidth compared to any P2P3/celeron system, so its not exactly a straight comparison...
B!

Squidge said:
Clad said:
Are you being serious?

Nah, you can't be.

Of course I'm not, how could a small gameboy wanabe compete with the most powerful new gen console ? (since 2 years old console are still called "next gen" by every magazines and game editors,I suppose that means Xbox is still new gen ?)

Anyway, my point was just that the Xbox unability to emulate N64 flawlessly doesn't mean it's not within pandora reach. Hell, you managed to get a decent SNES emulation more or less softwarly on a 266Mhz processor, where zsnes on my debian doesn't even reach 60fps in software on >=800x600 resolution on my 2500+ Ahtlon Mobile.

We really need more emoticons installed to indicate the presence of irony and sarcasm. They just don't come over properly via the internet otherwise.

Squidge said:
We really need more emoticons installed to indicate the presence of irony and sarcasm. They just don't come over properly via the internet otherwise.
It's not like people would use them. :lol:

Squidge said:
Well, my english isn't so good, which may make the posts even more confusing I guess, but my answer to your answer was supposed to be ironic too.

Plus, a language, even half mastered, should be rich enough to carry irony without the use of smileys. Using them is kind of an insult to your reader's intelligence, it's close to saying "Here, I explicitly explain to you how you should understand this message because you'd be too dumb to otherwise".

Clad said:
it's close to saying "Here, I explicitly explain to you how you should understand this message because you'd be too dumb to otherwise".
Only if we are paying attention. Sometimes something comes up, and thus people get a quick reply without properly thinking about it. We can't leave it till next time as it doesn't always show up again in the "view new posts" unless someone else has also replied (but not too many to scroll yours too far off the screen)

So, smileys are useful :)

B)

mypandora.jpg

Alex. said:
I'm sadistic :D

crackedpandorapb6.jpg

Good thing it'll be a clamshell, eh?
Hmm. That is, until you use it with the screen all the way down. And, "someone" will drop a cup of coffee on the screen. Crack the screen, and ruin the unit.

SecretLoser said:
Yay! Spacewar! is the best!

By the way, the Pandora looks *a lot* better with something exciting on its screen.

A_SN said:
By the way, the Pandora looks *a lot* better with something exciting on its screen.
Yer, I thought that when I saw these renders

Back