The perfect phone to combine with your pandora

Wow, a mobile telephone that is actually a telephone? Finally, somebody's bothering to make one?

why doesnt their ad say something like "hey its got better reception than your iphone..."

Wow, a mobile telephone that is actually a telephone? Finally, somebody's bothering to make one?
And they only charge two (maybe even three!) times what a "no frills" phone with *only* a pathetic camera and basic ring tones would cost :p

I am not impressed with the phone. Seriously, if I wanted just a phone, I could pick up something for under $40. I see no reason this should cost 60+ EUR. I'm going to go quietly rage at the hipster mentality that seems to be driving most Mac sales as well. :p

The price is a problem, indeed. I just think that it's nice to see a proper telephone, instead of yet another of these "Jack of all trades, master of none." "telephone" devices which quite frankly do not work well as telephones, which continue to assist in preventing countless people (myself included) from ever buying into a mobile telephone*. Of course, the price of this one prevents the same from happening due to its price, but at least it's a start.

*I mentioned in another thread that I signed up for a "MiFi" router from a cellular provider over here whilst I was on vacation. One of their standard questions when you sign up is "Who is your mobile telephone provider?". The fellow was positively shocked when I told him that I don't have one. He was even more shocked when, when he asked why, my answer was "Because I don't need one, and nothing on the market meets my requirements.". He was further shocked when I further responded to his further questions that I don't need a camera, social networking integration, a fiddly operating system, and multiple other non-telephone doodads on a telephone, because I don't have a need for or wish to use those, either. :p ... Of course, he was even more shocked when I told him what the model of the last mobile telephone I used was (it was one from back when they actually were telephones - he mentioned that a local museum had a *later* model than that on display as part of a science exhibit :lol: ). I thought the guy was going to pass out! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i applaud you for not sinking yourself into the I-MUST-HAVE-THE-NEWEST-AND-BEST phone trend thats going on these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm that doesnt go well with my ericsson T65

img_3608.jpg

Don't they have a bit rounder model :D (somehow people tend to think a square formfactor is 'retro' but the retro I like (50s-70s) is more round actually)

If someone wrote an iPhone app that emulated a rotary dial, do you think people would buy it?

Back