The Random Thoughts Thread

I think I blew up the PS2 I ordered.. I was so excited that I was finaly gonna play Ico, that without thinking, plugged my "new", american PS2 with 120V.

And since in EU it's normally 240V, well...

But I didn't get to power it, it only flashed red for a second and faded right away. Could it be it's still alive?

I think I blew up the PS2 I ordered.. I was so excited that I was finaly gonna play Ico, that without thinking, plugged my "new", american PS2 with 120V.

And since in EU it's normally 240V, well...

But I didn't get to power it, it only flashed red for a second and faded right away. Could it be it's still alive?
I had something like that with my EEE. AFAIK some devices will stop working until the correct charger is used, that's what it was like for me.

If the PS2's transformer is internal, rather than in its power-supply, it will just go boom, though. :p

Random thought: There's a 'probably bs' thing/rumor going around that M$ are to announce their new console at e3 next month to try steal the thunder from Nintendo. True or not, exciting times ahead for us. :)

Random thought: There's a 'probably bs' thing/rumor going around that M$ are to announce their new console at e3 next month to try steal the thunder from Nintendo. True or not, exciting times ahead for us. :)
I heard a rumor that someone found out what graphics the PS4 will have, which sounds pretty damn hardcore!

The PS4 will use the PowerVR Series 6 graphics card by Imagination Technologies. This graphics card is suppose to be 3 to 5 times better than a competitive level nVidia/ATI graphics card. The PowerVR card is also the same size and price as a nVidia card. Hopefully, gamers won’t have to wait long to find out if this rumor is true.

I heard the PS4 will send its video output directly into your mind and that late at night the Sony exec's crawl into bed with you to spoon!

lol, brain-washing time! :p

I heard a rumor that someone found out what graphics the PS4 will have, which sounds pretty damn hardcore!

The PS4 will use the PowerVR Series 6 graphics card by Imagination Technologies. This graphics card is suppose to be 3 to 5 times better than a competitive level nVidia/ATI graphics card. The PowerVR card is also the same size and price as a nVidia card. Hopefully, gamers won’t have to wait long to find out if this rumor is true.
Hmmm...nice little rumour there, mate.

I heard the PS4 will send its video output directly into your mind and that late at night the Sony exec's crawl into bed with you to spoon!
And they will whisper softly in your ear "We do everything".

Playstation 4 - We do everything

after the ps3, sony pretty much murdered my love for their products.. So I'm not really expecting much more than an overpriced, powerful machine, lacking a lot of soul.

Unrandom thought: Then add me to friend and get your butt whooped by some Akuma and Juri

Random thought: I've added you just then Vekmeister!!!

Be careful, I happen to be the best Spam Fighter in Australia!!! B)

EDIT: I'm off to bed now. We'll fight much later ok, so just pm me later.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok ill leave the choice up to you if its lite or pro, i can do either with certain fighters, and spammers are usually no problem for me, although ive faced some quality spammers

^ On your Pandora? If yes, try rebooting. That happened to me once after unplugging and re-plugging the charger to move elsewhere, and a reboot fixed it.

Fixed it by putting it in low power mode (and then connecting power.) Didn't want to reboot since I was in the middle of a *big* compile.

Well, he's, imo the greatest Star Trek Captain ever with Patrick Stewart coming a close second.

ok ill leave the choice up to you if its lite or pro, i can do either with certain fighters, and spammers are usually no problem for me, although ive faced some quality spammers
Nah, mate! I'll leave it up to YOU! Meaning, you're hosting ok! Please.

Random thought: I am seriously unimpressed with Apple's computers right now. I've traditionally found them to be alright, and I have a MacBook as a secondary machine because it has a bit more grunt than my workhorse ThinkPad, and because there are occasions where I come across software that requires Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows (since I don't get on well with Microsoft Windows my preference for a machine to serve this purpose is a Macintosh). I also use it for ripping my DVDs (for use on my Pandora) using HandBrake.

I've noticed, of late, that newer DVDs cannot be read for this purpose on this machine, and that scanning to attempt to do so takes at least an hour (and usually more than that), and I had until today been putting it down to DVD publishers trying to foil this usage. However, in frustration I just took some time out to set up HandBrake on my workhorse box, and I found that not only did it read the DVD fine, it was able to rip it perfectly as well.

What the hell is up with that? The software setup for the ripper I'm using is exactly the same on both the Macintosh and the Xubuntu box. Is this some Mac OS X thing, perhaps? If so, that's not cool at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back