The Rate Is Now Constant (No More Interruption) What's The Speed?

ahahah

hello

now the production is constant, there is no nubs or lcd cable or an other problem that interrupt the process.
so it could be interesting to see how many pandoras will be delivered each month.

i assume we can consider the january month for a good base.

so how many pandoras have been delivered in january?
and can we consider this rate constant for the next months (in order to evaluate more precisely when all the batchers 1 will receive their pandora).

thanks

Do you want the total number delivered including the Premium Pandora's or just the ones before these?

Have you got yours yet or still waiting, I have not got mine yet?

It's clear the TC wants the total shipped, regardless of if they were RMA replacement units, premium orders, or regular Pandoras.

As for all the problems ironed out, mine was from when production started back up in January and it can't read the battery properly. Slight issue with how it was screwed together as well, but a bit of time and a screwdriver that was well fit mostly took care of that.

Anyways, I hope someone who has been following this rabidly would care to comment. I've come to distrust the official comments on numbers shipped, because they tend to make it sound like more units are out there than there are, so I'm hoping for a forum member who has most of the pieces to give some input and links so it can be worked out.

no i haven't received mine, i'm 3700 in the queue....
how many pandoras have been sent in totally (premium and normal purchases included)

for example if it is 300, i could hope to receive mine in about 10 months...
(don't panic it's an example^^)

so how many in january please?

The rate is now 750 a week. If it is not, it means that craigix lied when he said they sell the "premium" devices in order to allow them to hire people to make 150 pandoras a day.

so either i will receive it in 5 months or next month? lol

aq21 said:
The rate is now 750 a week. If it is not, it means that craigix lied when he said they sell the "premium" devices in order to allow them to hire people to make 150 pandoras a day.
I still wonder why Craigix didn't found some Pandora Maniacs that can do this job for free in their spare time. ^^
However, Craig sayed that he want to hire 3 more guys but AFAIK he never sayed WHEN he want to do this. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
aq21 said:
I still wonder why Craigix didn't found some Pandora Maniacs that can do this job for free in their spare time. ^^
However, Craig sayed that he want to hire 3 more guys but AFAIK he never sayed WHEN he want to do this. ;)
And yet people still defend the guy whenever anyone asks questions about it :rolleyes:

Tripmonkey_uk said:
fusion_power said:
aq21 said:
And yet people still defend the guy whenever anyone asks questions about it :rolleyes:
He posted about the new people already.They are working on pandoras already.Nearly 100 premium pandoras sold also.

wrath of khan said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
He posted about the new people already.They are working on pandoras already.Nearly 100 premium pandoras sold also.
As far as I'm aware he hadn't said anything before I posted that comment.

wrath of khan said:

so you have a link please?

I believe the premiums, read something about them selling nearly 100 somewhere. But I recall nothing on them having hired people already, so I believe the speed is still slow unless I missed something (probable, I haven't been visiting the boards much lately).

Though worth noting, I would appreciate a link as well since I don't trust my own vague memory.

Iorgy77 said:
Only thing that is constant around here is craigix's lies.
I used to stick up for the guy because without some of those little white lies this project wouldn't still be going. As far as I'm concerned though, his recent lies are just plain bullsh*t and are hurting the project more than helping it. The guys a liability.

back in 2008 when i first posted about pandora on another forum, i was warned by one guy who said this:

[cragix is] pretty notorious in the GP2X community for promising a lot and delivering less.

at the time i didn't want to hear it, but now i understand.
it finally seems like others are waking up to it as well.

I want this project to work soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

The community needs to stay together here. Believe me: the product is worth waiting for, you'll not find a better retro gaming handheld.

I prefer OP boards. Each time I come on here there's some whinging benders bleating on about something.

fusion_power said:
aq21 said:

This is so stupid, and yet so common, that I'm totally confused - How the f*ck do anyone suppose that you could run any sort of continuous operation based on volunteers that may pop up when they have free time? Especially given the QC problems that has been and still are there - How would you expect to reach any efficiency when you'd have to train new workers every other day, and as soon as people start to get the experience needed to not fuck up on a regular basis, they leave? Honestly?

Rounding up a bunch of volunteers is something you can do for a one-time thing - "All hands on board, this weekend we'll organise a new workshop and need to carry a lot of stuff" or "Ok, we just got a shipping of cases - The goal is to have all the parts sorted and counted on monday morning". That would work. It is not something you can realistically use to have a sustained production line for months on end.

And, as far as I've been able to figure out, they are at this moment 5 people working on assembly - Possibly 4 + Craig, I'm not sure. Which means that at least two of the three are hired. And the rates of production has gone up, both according to (the apparently untrustworthy) Craig and according to the number of "I got my pandora"-posts over on the other forum.

...which is all in the open. I understand that people are none to pleased with the premium pandoras move (although I can honestly see no rational justification for it), but why keep saying stupid things and re-chewing obvious falsities? "There has been no mention about hiring" - No, there has been mentions that there are now 2 more people working on assembly, but it is possibly true that noone has specifically mentioned the word "hiring", that is true...Madness.

Back