The Released Of Dsi Xl In Uk And Us :p

R

RedBaron

The DSi XL will be released on March 5 and can be pre ordered
A lest a release date is given no like the Pandora

RedBaron said:

Amazing, a massive corporation can meet a deadline, and a small group of 5 or so guys struggle to meet theirs.

Well done Nintendo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Amazing, a massive corporation can meet a deadline, and a small group of 5 or so guys struggle to meet theirs.

Well done Nintendo!

It's especially impressive when you consider how much harder it is to respin a DS with a larger screen than it is to design a new handheld with a keyboard and nubs and shit.

And, um, it only took several months after the Japanese release that showcased the complete hardware, yeah, that too.

I don't know how Nintendo does it, really.

It is quite amazing if you think about it, they would have to produce over a million units for the release date :blink:

SONY said:
I think you've missed the sarcasm there, mate...
Hi Sony
No I did not but they missed the point
They just have to send one Pandora out and every body would be happy but Nintendo has to put out in excess of a million to make people happy

No, they have to send 4000 out and then make more quickly. They could send one "finished" Pandora out right now but that would make exactly one person happy.
Putting out a million devices after you have already made a hundred million very similar devices and also made a few hundred tousand of the exact same device is ridiculously easy. All the logistics are already in place, you only have to keep them running. Not much to do really. Especially nothing difficult. Now preparing for a huge worldwide launch might have been a little bit of a challenge, which they avoided by once again launching in Europe months after Japan. And this time I don't even care because the DSi XL is simply dispensable. It's s joke, even more so than the PSP Go. If I wouldn't be looking forward to the Pandora, I'd be worried about the sorry state of handheld gaming.

OrR said:
Putting out a million devices after you have already made a hundred million very similar devices and also made a few hundred tousand of the exact same device is ridiculously easy.

And just to add to your point, Nintendo have billions of dollar$ to play with, whereas OpenPandora have no monies to play with (under 2 million has all been invested on Pandora and it's orders).

RedBaron said:
Really? How can that be? A company that has made BILLIONS of dollars off of their often low tech hardware can release something quicker than a group of a few of us who don't get paid huge sums of cash? How much has Ninty made off of it's multiple re-hashes of DS's and it's re-worked last-gen low-def Gamecube with gimmicky controller? Hmmm I don't know how this can be.

And seriously, what's up with the Gamecube controller? It looks like they just threw a handful of buttons at it and left them wherever they stuck.

Oh, sorry. I thought this was the hate-on-Nintendo thread.

OrR said:
Actually the GC controller was brilliant... But that's an entirely different topic. :D

IMO The best so far.

Chip said:
And seriously, what's up with the Gamecube controller? It looks like they just threw a handful of buttons at it and left them wherever they stuck.

Oh, sorry. I thought this was the hate-on-Nintendo thread.
Umm it is sarcasm. The re-worked Gamecube with gimmicky controller is what is now called the "Wii" as it basically is just Gamecube hardware with a controller that makes you wave your arms around and look like an idiot.

Sorry this blew by many ;)

It is official the DSi XL will be released on 5th March in UK and US for around $249 US
I am going to get one
:p

Back