The Software Being Developed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathSoul

Still Fresh
where is the software being developed the freeware and stuff.
like the emulators are they just all English developers or like its not language based?
what I am asking is, is ever thing on the gp32x download site all American
or is there Korean software on there to? just translated

Or is Asia, middle east, America. all on different developments,

is Korea making software that we don’t have? do they have program's for the gp2x that I don’t know about. better emulators. software. etc.

sorry im lost my self.

i don't think koreans have other programs that we do unless we just haven't found out about it, it could very well be that there are korean developpers making things for the gp2x but sooner or later we'd find out about it.

on a side note i'm making a little game myself it's almost finished, and i live in belgium :)

DeathSoul posted on Apr 18 2006 at 07:14 AM said:
what I am asking is, is ever thing on the gp32x download site all American
or is there Korean software on there to?
Typical american arrogance.
Just because most gp2x software is in english, you think the majority of it comes from the US.

USA isn´t all that important for the gp2x scene...

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the English software available for download is from the UK or other countries where people have tried to translate it. Only a small percentage of it is from America.

Generally, the western GP2X scene is (in descending order): Spain, UK, Germany, America, Other Europe.

Feel free to criticise, but that's how I see it.

Puck2099 posted on Apr 18 2006 at 09:06 AM said:
thelamer posted on Apr 18 2006 at 03:12 PM said:
Yeah but we got the bombs :)

Well, having the bombs is not so important, let's see Vietnam, Korea... :rolleyes:
You are right, we just need the resolve to start using them again...

;)

But seriously, am I the only one who assumed this poster was neither American nor a native English speaker? I mean, his post looks like it was translated to English by a cheap Babblefish knockoff...

Ohhh yeah, I've always wondered, is the Spain scene solely made up of Spanish devs, or is there a fair bit of involvement from people in Latin America?

Yeah, and we've also got a population that cast more votes for American Idol then President - now that's an important cultural achievement. I hope you people around the world appreciate just how important it is that a majority of American’s don’t vote. If it wasn’t for this political apathy our government might actually represent the will of the people!

Seriously my country is on a crash course with either becoming a Theocracy or a Corporate Police State – hell maybe both, at the same time even. The only thing that keeps my hope alive is that maybe enough people will get pissed off that they actually get off their fat lazy made in America asses, and vote to make things better.

nickspoon posted on Apr 18 2006 at 07:42 AM said:
Most of the English software available for download is from the UK or other countries where people have tried to translate it. Only a small percentage of it is from America.

Generally, the western GP2X scene is (in descending order): Spain, UK, Germany, America, Other Europe.

Feel free to criticise, but that's how I see it.
Is Spain really above the UK? [Edited: Ok, i just realized that miq01 is from Barcelona, so I think Spain and the UK are just about tied]

Even though I'm an American I'd probably put America below "Other Europe", but still ahead of "...".

I was kind of hoping that there'd be a decent Korean "scene" so us Westerners could have fun puzzing out how to play some nice Korean homebrew. If they aren't even selling the gp2x in Korea though I guess that won't happen!

ingrin posted on Apr 18 2006 at 05:35 PM said:
Ohhh yeah, I've always wondered, is the Spain scene solely made up of Spanish devs, or is there a fair bit of involvement from people in Latin America?

No, there are not Latin America developers because there is only a few Latin America GP32 or GP2X owners.

I think it's because they are too poor to can afford one of them :(

Regards

Dzz posted on Apr 18 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
Is Spain really above the UK? [Edited: Ok, i just realized that miq01 is from Barcelona, so I think Spain and the UK are just about tied]

Well, there are a lot of Spanish coders: me, Franxis, Rlyeh, miq01, k-teto, D_Skywalk, Hermes, una-i, Chui, Oankali, Misato, Joanvr, efegea, Kounch, Jhonnystorm, l_draven...

I think more than a half of the contests in GBAX2006 were Spanish, weren't they? :)

Regards

Puck2099 posted on Apr 18 2006 at 11:31 AM said:
Well, there are a lot of Spanish coders: me, Franxis, Rlyeh, miq01, k-teto, D_Skywalk, Hermes, una-i, Chui, Oankali, Misato, Joanvr, efegea, Kounch, Jhonnystorm...
Oh certainly. I was not criticizing Spain or the Spanish scene and I hope you didn't take it that way, you folks are amazing. I'm just not sure that you are more amazing than the UK :)

Hi!

First, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm neostalker and like Puck2099 I'm a usual member of GP32Spain forums. I haven't posted here before (but I registered myself some time ago, I can't remmeber why xD).

So, nice to meet you guys :)

I've read the whole thread and I'd like to say one thing:

Spanish GP32/GP2X scene is probably the most active scene that you can find. I'm talking about lots of games, ports, emulators and more. I'd like to write down some of our "national" productions:

- Lots of Fenix-based games. (by Johnnystorm, Wave, TRaFuGa, Chemaris, Miq01, Chipan and more that I can't remember right now)
- Mame Emulator for GP32/GP2X by Franxis
- Fenix port for GP32/GP2X by Chui/Puck2099
- The "F" emulators series by Rlyeh and his GP2X Minimal Library SDK
- GNUBoy emulator for GP2X by K-teto
- Heretic and Hexen ports for GP32 by A600
- And more...

I don't want to understimate other scenes but you can't refuse that we have a really big scene working in GP32/GP2X projects (I'm now working on some games with Puck and ^MiSaTo^, one of them Chocobo Crazy Championship, we uploaded a video in YouTube some time ago)

Just out of interest, why is there such a big scene over there? Was it due to the official GP32 release?

yaustar posted on Apr 18 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
Just out of interest, why is there such a big scene over there? Was it due to the official GP32 release?
I don't really know. I think that th possibility of porting emulators and play 8bit and 16bit games on the console was the most important reason. And the compatibility with fenix and other languages was another one. People saw a different way to enjoy a portable console and started to ask for it.

We need a poll ! List each country and every dev can vote and leave their name and project/s. Of course the Americans might be too lazy to vote or might find they have been deleted from the forum and are ineligible to vote. But it could be fun. Spain will win for sure.

Mr.Jabberwocky posted on Apr 18 2006 at 11:26 PM said:
Of course the Americans might be too lazy to vote or might find they have been deleted from the forum and are ineligible to vote.
lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back